Exhausting

I mean, I don't think ignoring the bad feelings between Mama and Auntie was the plan but the men in Qing's family decided that keeping our collective heads down is the best course of action during this intense situation.

Mama and Auntie were both fuming mad for days following their exchange of harsh words. We had a whole meeting about it. I am not kidding, Baba and Uncle called for a family meeting to discuss the situation between Mama and Auntie.

Baba: We will excuse JiJi and her husband in this issue because they are already dealing with my in laws' own family issues.

JiJi: Oh thank God. I will trust you all to handle this issue. Me and hubby are signing off this. Thank you, Baba.

Gege: (looking grateful) Thank you, Baba.

Baba: Just be well, you two. You already have JR...he is your priority. Leave your mother and aunt to us.

Me: (raising my hand) Can I be excuse too...? No? Okay...

I sighed when I received speaking glances when I asked if I can be excuse in this matter. Apparently I can't because I was there when it all happened.

Wang Zhu: (looking grumpy) You are the reason why it happened?

Pau: Oi! that is unfair. Dayu was an innocent bystander in that situation.

Wang Zhu: His bruises started it all.

Qing: Can we not assign blame here? Or assume anything. I think this all started when someone assumed something.

Wang Zhu: Oh, you mean when Mama assumed you were beating Dayu up?

Uncle: (censoring look on his face) Zhu ah, there is already a conflict in the family...we are not here to start another one.

Me: Yes. If you and Qing will do a repeat of what Mama and Auntie did, I will hose you both down with water. They scared me but you two are just annoying at this point.

Pau: I'm with Dayu.

Baba: If you two won't start acting like adults, you can leave this room. I don't need grumbling children here. If you won't help...leave.

Qing and Zhu gege settled down. JiJi glared at her brother and cousin.

JiJi: Should I really stay out of this issue, Baba? I don't think I can trust Qing and Zhu to help at all.

Baba: (nodding at his daughter) We will keep them in line. You two go now. You said you will visit your father in law.

Gege: We are. We just want to hear what you want us to do to help Mama and Auntie.

Baba: (smiling at Gege) We will handle it. Like I said, focus on your family and son. Go on, you two. Say our greetings to your mother and father.

Gege: We will Baba.

Oh, for those who don't know...and I think that is everyone because I haven't written about this yet...JiJi's father in law has woken up from his shallow coma. But his condition is still a bit complicated and he is still being monitored in the hospital. I think they are running on two months now in the hospital. Thank goodness that Gege's family has money and his father is well insured in case of he got hospitalized like this.

Gege is handling things steadily in their family. He is not the defacto head of the family because they still have elders but he sure is leading them to be calm as his father try to recover back his health.

Anyways, Baba is right. JiJi and Gege has mountain of responsibilities in their shoulders. They are raising a small child, looking after the welfare of Gege's parents and they should focus on that.