Hard Bite

Shhh...your Baba is still in a mood.

(Again?)

What do you mean again? How did you all learn about the bicycle incident? Wait...did I write about that here...let me check...

(You had a bike incident?)

Oh, you all don't know about that? It was nothing really. So I took a tumble at a biking path near a mountain and landed on some thorny bush...it's not like my face got cuts...oh wait...

(Your face had cuts from the tumble?!)

Ha ha...have I told you all that I miss you?

(Feng Jian Yu!)

Ya! Ya! Calm down. I am fine. Stop acting like Qing, I already received my deserved lecture from him. So I failed to check my bike before getting on it...that's on me, I will admit. It's my fault...

(So magnanimous of you to admit that)

I swear, y'all starting to sound like my husband to be. Stop that. I already have Qing to lecture me, I don't need from anyone else. And believe me when I say that Qing won't like it if someone else will lecture me. For Qing, he and only he has the rights to torture my ears like that. No one else can do it. So save it.

Anyways, enough about my bike incident, it's nothing to be twisted about. It's a simple accident, because I was stupid, and it has been tackled and all. That's done and done.

Anyways again, Qing is still moody because he suffered from toothache a few days ago. He was really miserable. It was really painful. Yet Qing's schedule won't let him get to the dentist fast. He made an appointment but his tooth acted really badly the night before his dentist visit. Qing was truly miserable while enduring the pain.

And I am the schmuck that has to endure the pain of watching my fiancé endure his aching tooth.

That night, Qing barely touched his dinner because of the pain from his aching tooth. I noticed his jaw tightening and the constant wincing. He was clearly in great pain.

Me: What happened really? Why is it aching?

Qing: I bit hard on a rib and the angle was wrong. My teeth met some bone and this tooth was jarred.

Me: It's because of you are glutton, that's why this happened!

Qing: (eyeing me intently) You had the nerve to throw that word to me when I once saw you finished two bowls of authentic ramen in one sitting?

Me: Those were really good bowls of ramen.

Qing: You are the glutton between us.

Me: (superior look) Yeah. But who has an aching tooth right now?

Qing: (closing his eyes) Don't remind me. It's already grating on my nerve. You eat sweets like they will go out of fashion in a minute yet it has been what...years now since you last experienced an aching teeth. I don't gorge on sweets yet here I am.

Me: It's because I am diligent in brushing my teeth.

Qing: (affronted) I brush my teeth! Ah!

Me: Oh no!

Qing put a palm on his right cheek. That's the part where the aching tooth is.

Me: You should drink some pain reliever.

Qing: (sounding insulted) No.

Me: Why not? You are clearly suffering. Take some. Hell, take three.

One is for me because it's really hard to watch Qing suffer from toothache

Qing: No. I don't drink medicine for simple toothache.