Dictatorship

This year's Valentine's week was a bore. Qing and I didn't plan anything special to do. We didn't even left the condo. It was me. It was my fault. Me and my neurosis.

Qing: (frowning as he was about to lose his patience on me) I think it's time to forbid you to watch any news.

Me: (horrified at his suggestion) But how will we know what's going on with the virus flying around in our air?

Qing: (sighing) Stop worrying about the virus. It's hundred of miles away from us, Dayu ah. We are safe here in Beijing.

Me: There are known cases now in Japan, US and Europe. In case you don't know, those places are also hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away from WuHan. But that virus still managed to get in there. If those abroad are not safe, what does that said about us?

Qing: That we are hundreds of miles away from this virus.

Ugh! He is so stubborn.

Me: I feel like the government is not moving fast enough to resolve this. I'm not happy, Qing.

Qing: I am happy. There are news now that a vaccine to kill the virus will be available soon. Research are going on and there are breakthroughs. Some patients got well after taking the trial treatments. That's promising. I am happy.

Me: Well, I am not.

Qing: That's because you are neurotic.

(Gasp)

Yeah! That! I gasped too. How dare he call me neurotic?!

Me: (affronted) How dare you call me neurotic?!

Qing: Because you are one. And I am not please, Dayu ah. Calm down before you suffer from a panic attack. That won't do at all, my Love. I'm telling you now, that won't make me happy. I will beat your ass if you had a panic attack about this virus.

Me: (eyes widening) What a minute...you will beat my ass? Me?! I will already suffer from a panic attack and you will still whoop my ass? Why?

Qing: Because this is not something you should be worried about.

Me: People are dying, Qing...

Qing: And I feel sorry for them. But that's not reason enough for you to scare yourself enough to experience a panic attack.

Me: Ugh! Stop about my panic attack already.

Talk about being neurotic. How dare Qing to accuse me of over worrying about anything when he is clearly going out of his mind worrying about me having a panic attack.

(It's because Baba cares about you more than anyone, Dayu ah. You know that. Baba can throw away anyone but you...)

Yeah. Okay. Alright. Still...ugh! Why is he being like this? He should stop worrying too much about me.

Qing: I will...once you start being logical about this virus. And just to be clear, you are no longer allowed to consume any news about that. Starting right now, I forbid you to read anything about this virus. Stick with reading news about sports and the entertainment world.

Me: (amazed) You cannot do that! You cannot control what I consume as news. That's dictatorship! That's wrong!

Qing: (shrugging) I don't care. This is for your own good.

Me: (snorting) That's what dictators say while oppressing the rights of people around them. Go down this path and you are now a dictator, Qing...

Qing: (chuckling) Fine then. I am the dictator and you are the oppressed person. This condo is now under my authoritarian regime.