Just A Tad Wet

I spent an afternoon in the hospital. I had a terrible cold, headaches and the oxygen level on my body dropped...

(YOUR OXYGEN LEVEL DROPPED?!! What?!!)

...not to an alarming degree...

*sigh*

I wish I could blame y'all for reacting like that but I think you all got it from me so...the blame will just boomerang on me.

Anyways, getting sick was my fault. I will take that responsibility. I attended an event, it was a success, but before going home it started drizzling and instead of taking an umbrella, like my assistant insisted that I do, while going back to where the car was parked, I decided to wing it and run into the cold rain. I was just a tad wet...

Qing: (not happy...at all) (on a video chat) A tad wet? A tad...?

Me: Look, I am a patient. Can't you be nice to the sick person?

Qing: (growling) Just wait until I get back from this photoshoot, I will show you nice and tad wet.

Me: Now, if you will give me a threat like that...I might shanghai myself to my parents.

Qing: Good. I'll see you there. I will totally enjoy seeing Mama and Baba tear your ass for your stupidity and...

Me: I love you.

Qing: (livid) Fuck you, Feng Jian Yu! I won't be sway by that! I won't...

Me: I miss you so much. But I must say, I am really glad you are away for work. Or else this will be so hard for the both of us...

Qing: You better be breathing on your own when I see you tomorrow.

(Excuse me what? You were not breathing on your own?)

Well, they put a tube under my nostrils that were attached to this oxygen thing on the wall and there's this little bottle that is bubbling...

Anyways, I feel fine now.

(Feng Jian Yu!)

Wow. You got that from your Baba. I know, I know, it sounded scary...but it was really not. I got myself fine to the hospital. I was treated well. My fever got down, chills were gone and I am breathing well again.

It wasn't a touch and go situation. It was just a normal day on the hospital. You could even ask my nurse.

Nurse: (while taking my blood pressure) That must have been scary. When you feel like your nostrils were not working because your nose was so clogged and swollen. And you were breathing through your mouth...

Me: Yes. Quite scary.

(You said it was not scary...)

We were using terms for conversation. Just...believe me when I said it was not scary at all. Please...

Nurse: But you are fine now. The booster shot given to you is working, as well as the antibiotics. Never run on the rain again. Walk if you have to.

Me: Right.

Note: I will never go under the rain again. It could get me sick! People, don't get under the rain!

Nurse: Alright. Your vitals are improving and your oxygen level as well. Are you hungry?

Me: A bit.

Nurse: (looking at my guardian) He can eat soft food like congee or soup broth. Soft bread as well. If you can give him ginger tea, it will sooth his throat more. I will be back in a hour to check on his vitals again and remove the breathing tube. I think he will be fine to breathe on his own.