No April's Fool pt 3

JiJi and I had lunch together. We made salad and heat up the left over roasted duck Qing and I had last night for dinner. Then we went back to the living room where I showed her the album full of post engagement photographs that Lee shot for us.

JiJi was impressed by the photos.

JiJi: (flipping through the album) Oh he is impressive. He is. These are great photos. Can you give me the number of this Lee? I think I should commission him to photograph and record my son's first birthday. We will have a big party for JR. You are all coming.

Me: We will be there. Just tell us what JR likes for his birthday present so Qing and I can buy it for him.

JiJi: It must be expensive. Qing's investments are pouring money on his pockets.

Me: (wincing) I don't know much about Qing's investments at all. Let alone how much he is earning from them.

JiJi stopped browsing the photos and stared at me.

JiJi: An advice, if you are planning to marry my brother, you should start caring about his financial investments.

Me: (grimacing) Do I have to?

JiJi: (nodding) You have to if you don't want to be reduced to being just a pretty thing dangling on my brother's arms. I mean you are very pretty and there is nothing wrong with being a man's arm candy but I don't think you will be satisfied playing that role for Qing. You have to take interest in his business dealings. (gesturing at the whole me) No more of this...

Me: This what?

JiJi: This...disinterest in business. This disassociation to the thing that keeps Qing's blood pumping aside from having sex with you...

Me: (gasping) JiJi!

JiJi: (pouting) Oh stop being a prude. Lets admit the fact that Qing's two favorite things to do are playing in the stock market and you. Those are what interest my brother. Those keeps his blood from congealing in boredom. If you won't take interest in the other thing that occupies your man's mind, you two will have a problem. Believe me, it could lead to conflict between the two of you.

Me: (sighing) I think you have a point. (terrified) Does this mean I have to study business now?

JiJi: Not necessarily. Just know the basic stuffs. I mean, I've seen your eyes glazed down when our family was talking about stock bond and dividend during family dinner. That's hilarious but must end, Dayu ah. Take interest. Please...

Me: (sighing) Fine! I will! But you have to help me! You have a background at business, right?

JiJi: I do. I will help you. Or better yet, ask Pau for help as well. He is the one trying to get an MBA. He must be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to business matter.

Me: Okay, I will do that. I will ask Pau for basic knowledge in business 101.

JiJi: (winking at me) Attaboy. That's the attitude.

Me: (smiling) Thank you, for your advices.

JiJi: (waving her hand) No problem. You know I love you. Like a lot. I started having faith in Qing's ability to decide well for himself the moment he took you home to us. I thought, oh yeah...my brother can made great decisions for himself. At least he brought home a gem to us, not some thrashy guy who will just leech off of hhim and make him miserable. You make Qing happy and we owe you so much for that.