Surprise Dinner pt2

I involuntarily coughed at my surprise on her guess.

Me: W-what? Broke up? Who? No!

JiJi: (strickened look melting away) Right. That doesn't make sense. We found you two being so lovey dovey in the couch. It's impossible that you two have broken up. I mean, that would be weird, unless you two were actually wrestling on the couch trying to strangle each other.

Me: No. We were not doing that.

JiJi: I think so too. (nodding) Good. You and Qing are still strong and together. So what is it? What is going on? Why do I feel a change in the dynamics of your relationship...(sudden gasping again) Oh my...don't tell me...you two...

Me: (my heart jumping in suspense) Us what? What?

JiJi: (looking mildly interested) Have you two decided to invite someone on your bed for a threesome? That's why there's a new kind of energy on your relationship?

Me: (dumbfounded) What? A threesome? Huh?

JiJi: I mean...I heard some couple do it that way. To spice things up in their routine relationship, they result to inviting a third party on their bed. All consensual of course. Hey, you won't find any judgment here. Whatever floats your boat. I will just advice you two to be careful on who you invite in your bed. I mean, there's a virus and all and your OCD...

Me: (cutting through her craziness) Yes, my OCD. Lets talk about my OCD and how ridiculous it is for you to think that I will invite anyone here in my home to have sex with me and Qing just to spice things up in our relationship. Lets do that...

She is starting to annoy me. Her ideas are ridiculous.

JiJi: (wincing when she noticed my irritation) That...will be not on brand, right?

Me: (sighing) Yes. And we haven't mention your brother's jealous and possessive streaks yet.

JiJi: Oh right! Darn right! Qing won't let anyone touch you in sensual ways or anything. You are right. (blinking) Then what is it? What has changed between you and Qing? There is something truly different between you...

JiJi stared intently at me, like I am a puzzle she is trying to figure out.

JiJi: (frustrated) I know it. I know this. But I cannot seem to put a name on it. Fuck, this is killing me...

Qing: (suddenly entering the conversation) What is killing you?

JiJi and I turned to him. I gave Qing a pained look and I spoke up before JiJi could answer.

Me: JiJi is accusing us of keeping a secret.

Qing automatically frowned in disapproval at his sister's direction.

Qing: And so? You suspect us of keeping a secret and you decided to bug Dayu about it? Wow you...

JiJi: (scoffing) Because I know you won't tolerate me asking you questions. We all know that Dayu is nicer than you...

Qing: You all think Dayu is the weaker one between us. You all think he is the one who will break faster under pressure.

JiJi: (sighing) True that.

Me: (groaning) I think I am stronger than that. I can handle pressure.

I winced inwardly at that bravado of mine. As someone who experienced panic attacks when there's too much pressure coming my way, I should be the last person claiming to be strong in this way.

JiJi: (smiling at me) I know you are strong, Dayu ah. But I also know that the only way to pressure my brother to talk is to get under your skin first. I will bug you, you will bug Qing to do something about me bugging you...and presto, Qing will give me answers.