Auntie Ollie

I know I picked up three boxes of Christmas decors from the museleom last week, all in green, white or silver shade, but that doesn't mean that I have put them up around the condo.

No, I just picked them up with all the intention of decorating our home with Christmas stuffs but I suddenly fell busy so...the boxes are now gathering dust in the broom closet. Or so Qing told me.

Qing: Do you intend to leave them there, collecting dust?

Me: (insulted) Okay, first of all...they are not collecting dust because those boxes were sealed tight and I put a large plastic tarp on top of them so they won't accidentally get wet. Second, how dare you call me out like this? Do you even have any intention of helping me decorate?

Qing: Yes. If you want me to help, I'll help.

I gasped in surprise.

Me: Really? You...will help me decorate the condo with Christmas decors?

Qing: (shrugging) Sure, why not?

I went close to touch his face. Then I slowly and gently smoosh it with my palms.

Me: (in wondering tone) Who are you and what did you do to my husband to be? Give me my Qing back. Give him back to me! Now!

Qing pushed my hands away from his face.

Qing: Stop kneading my face. And this is me. Could you try not make it sound like I am useless when it comes to helping around the house? Can you please do that? If someone hears you, they will think I am such a slob...

Me: Which in fairness to me, you are. You are a slob.

Qing: Was. I am a changed man now.

Me: (snorting) Look, I love you. And I know how much you love me. But let me tell you this, you will change enough to the point that you will stop loving me...but not your slobbiness. I think that one will stay with you for eternity.

Qing: (nodding) Yup, I can already feel it. My love for you is slipping away every single time you get mouthy on me.

Me: (gasped) I am not mouthy.

Qing: You are a nagger.

Me: (nodding) Okay, I'll take that. But I am no shrew. I just get naggy once in a while.

Qing laughed and went to hug me. I smiled while I'm inside his embrace. Qing sighed and kiss the side of my head.

Qing: You know, no matter how adorable you are...you are still coming with me to visit Uncle Stan. You know that, right?

Me: I'm not acting all adorable to wriggle out of that one. I will go with you to visit him.

It was agreed upon a week ago before we went to the museleom to pick up the Christmas decors. Qing and I agreed that we will visit Uncle Stan together this month. It'll be the last visit Qing will do for his oldest uncle this year. Uncle Stan already declared he won't receive any visitor on December because he wants to celebrate the holidays in a solemn ways.

I think everyone is thinking about having a simple and quiet Christmas this year. This year has been full of challenges and now that its almost a month a half away from closing, everyone are either dreading the coming 2021 or hopeful that it'll be better.

Personally speaking, I truly hope 2021 will be better than 2020 because I don't think we can go any lower than this. This year has a been a trial and a half. But we have to remain hopeful and optimistic because without hope, why are we even living? I mean...isn't hope what's keeping us looking forward to the future and our reason to live?