Take Two Pt3

It's ridiculous really and gods know I am the last person that should be entertaining this idea but I just can't help it...

So I asked Qing.

Me: Can we go back to that meadow?

Qing, who like me is quite ready to end this day is sitting on our bed with his back against the headboard with a book on his hand, stopped reading to turn his head and look at me.

Qing: Excuse me?

I turned my body fully towards him and sat cross legged on top of the bed.

Me: Hear me out...

Qing: (groaning) Am I about to hear something crazy again? Why me...?

Me: None of that! Hear me out...okay?

Qing: (long suffering sigh) Do I have a choice?

Me: (wincing in sympathy for him) Actually no. May I remind you, kind Sir, that being with me was your idea. You chose to love me so...here we are.

Qing: Right. I chose this. (visibly bracing himself) Okay, I am ready. Give it to me.

Me: I think we should go back to that meadow and you should propose to me again.

Qing gave me a look that silently says that he is afraid he is sharing a bed with a total lunatic. Which is not the truth. I am not a total lunatic. I do have crazy ideas but not all my ideas are crazy so I think I have not totally lost it yet.

But Qing is not convinced of that.

Qing: (baffled look on his face) Why in Hades would I go back to that place? Are you crazy? Do you think I am crazy? I hate that place! Do you have any idea what I thought about doing on that place while I was in my drinking spree of drowning my sorrow when you rejected me on that fucking meadow? I thought of buying that whole land and blazing it on fire. Just burn it all down.

Yikes. That's...how much he hates that place?

Me: (uneasily) Uhm...Qing...

Qing: No. I will not go back to that place ever again. Not with you. And certainly not to propose again on that place. No!

Me: Wait! Wait! Hear me out first. Please...

I took hold of Qing's arm to get him to listen to me. He gave me an exasperated look but he stayed on his spot and kept his attention to me.

Me: Look...all I am saying is...now that I have more info and variables about your proposal, like the fact that our families know about it and they are not pressuring us to do this thing in haste...(wincing) maybe, the result will be different.

Qing: (not at all happy at what he is hearing) Maybe the result will be different? Maybe? MAYBE?!

Me: Okay...I think I am not phrasing this right...

Qing: (pulling his arm away from my hold) No. I think you are phrasing this right. You are telling me that if I agree to this insane suggestion of yours that we go back to that meadow and I get on one knee again...there is still a chance that I will get rejected and left there once again. (chuckling darkly) I think I am hearing you right.

Me: It's because of my panic attack...

Qing: No.

Me: Qing...

Qing: I said no! (eyes narrowing) Wow, I think I am underestimating your ability to be shameless, Feng Jian Yu. Where did you get the audacity...the confidence...to even consider to ask me to propose to you again like the first time was not disastrous and traumatic enough? Are you always this outrageously brazen? And here I am thinking that I fell in love with someone so pure and demure.