Ski Trip Again?! pt5

Me: Oh no.

Yao: (grinning at me) Oh yes! This trip has a double purpose. One to ski and another for a couple's retreat.

Jin: (pained look on his face) Why?

Joi: Because some of us are just tired of people in a relationship rubbing on their single friends how happy they are in being all committed.

Me: If you are talking about us, we totally get it.

Joi laughed. I scrunched my nose at him. Qing rubbed a hand on my back.

ZhiMing: Can we hurry this up? We will freeze here soon.

Xi: I don't think so. We have a good fire going and we have hot packs on our clothes. We will be fine.

Qing: (sighing) Are you looking forward to this part of the trip, man?

Xi: (grinning) Yes. Now that I'm in a relationship, I want to know what I can do to make it last.

Me: (glancing at JuNa) (counting with my right hand) Never beat her. Don't cheat on her. Respect her parents and get along with her friends. Are we done here?

JuNa and BaYi laughed. Xi adopted a contemplative look like he is thinking deeply about what I said.

MD: (smirking) That's rich coming from you, Dayu. You never tried to get along with Qing's friends.

Me: Wrong. (pointing at ZhiMing) I get along with SOME of his friends. Not all. Like Qing gets along with some of my friends and not all as well.

Qing: (grinning) And that works just fine with us, right?

Me: (nodding) I mean, you don't required me to be friends with your friends, all that matters is that I am civil with them.

Qing: (chuckling) In short, it means Dayu hasn't cursed you all to hell and back. And also send poison in your homes.

Me: I won't do that. Poison is such an unpredictable weapon. I'll send a hitman to their house.

Qing laughed. I smiled at him.

BaYi: Is that the secret to your relationship, you two talk about poison and hitman?

Me: (looking around at their expectant faces) Wait a moment. I thought this is a couple's retreat. You guys are free to share too, you know.

Yao: No. Actually, we are here to learn from the couple who has been together the longest in our group.

Qing and I sat straighter and look around. We saw all of his friends and LiPin looking at us. The other girls are just confuse.

Me: (resigned sighing in realization) Oh shit.

Qing: (frowning) Yeah, looking at this crowd, that means Dayu and I are the couple with the longest record of being together.

JuNa: (eyes widening) Really? How long have you two been together?

Me: Known each other for over a decade. Been a couple for almost five years.

KiRa: Five years?

Me: (nodding) Yup. (smiling at Qing) Five years with his stubborn ass. I don't regret much of it.