What?! Pt1

LiPin: I deserve this, right? I deserve this. It's because I forced you two to do that experiment for me and now you are punishing me for it. Fuck you, Feng Jian Yu! I don't deserve this!

She is having a meltdown on my living room and I hate her. How dare she have a meltdown in my living room when I am the one dying right now? How dare she?!

During my days spending the holidays on Heilongjiang, LiPin was not there. She was shanghaied by her parents on the warmer weather of AnHui to a family reunion. She just got back to Harbin but instead of staying there for the start of her classes after the holidays, she travelled here in Beijing to be with me.

Because some blabbermouth told Jin about "the proposal" and Jin told LiPin about my current situation with Qing. So LiPin, being a good friend, decided to join me in my misery.

LiPin: If you are miserable, why did you say no to the fucking ring?! Shit, Dayu ah!

Me: (getting a good buzz from the wine we are sharing) Because I couldn't say yes. I am not ready to accept that ring.

LiPin: Then you should have broken up with Qing. (slashing her hand in the air) Just end it all.

Me: I can't do that! I love him!

LiPin: Then why won't you marry him?!

Me: Because I don't want to marry him yet!

LiPin: Aha! Yet! Did you tell Qing ge that you are okay to marrying him but not right away?

Me: (blinking) Yes. No. I don't know. (moaning in despair) He won't answer my messages, LiPin. That bastard!

LiPin: Then call him.

Me: The last time we talked to each other on the phone, I told him that he doesn't know me that's why his proposal got rejected.

LiPin gasped. I gave her a helpless look. She sighed as she reached for my arm across the center table that is standing between us.

LiPin: (pulling on my arm) Lets jump together on the balcony. Lets die together, Dayu ah. Let me die with you, so you won't be alone on the afterlife.

Me: (confuse) Why do you want to go to the afterlife with me?

LiPin: (tugging on my arm harder) So I can kick your stupid ass around in the afterlife. Let me kick your ass around, you moron...

Me: (groaning) I cannot die yet. Qing will be mad if I suddenly die on him.

LiPin: Oh my God! You love him this much yet you...

Me: Stop making me feel bad already!

LiPin: (pointing at me) You are stupid and you will regret this for the rest of your life if you won't make this right. I love you. I really do, Dayu ah. But Qing ge is a good man and he...well...he doesn't deserve that rejection. But I guess, you know your heart and no one has any rights to tell you what to do. (sniffing) (tone breaking) But I really love you!

LiPin full out sob before moving fast to hug me. She cried in my arms. She cried for me. She sobbed and hiccuped while reminding me again that I will regret this for the rest of my life if I won't make this right. And she keeps repeating that she loves me and won't let me be alone.

Then she fell asleep on the carpet of our living room. I stayed awake and slowly sip water to sober up a little. I had to stay awake because before drinking, LiPin told me that Jin will pick her up. I don't know why Jin won't let LiPin to sleep in our condo but that's what LiPin said, Jin will pick her up.

I had to wait for an hour before Jin's message flashed on my phone: I'm outside your door.

I opened the door to see a dour looking Jin, looking too cool with his padded bomber jacket, waiting outside the door. I let him in and he went straight to the sleeping LiPin that I moved from the carpeted floor to the couch.