JiJi's Night

We had Mother's Day dinner at JiJi's place. This is her first year as a mommy so she felt extra special today. She called family members to notified us that she will prepare a special dinner and that her hubby, Gege, has a surprise for her.

JiJi: (during the phone call to us) Hubby won't say what the surprise is but I hope it's a brand new wipes warmer.

Me: Excuse me what?

JiJi: Wipes warmer. JR doesn't like to cleaned with cold ass wipes so I bought a wipes warmer but I think it's tiring. It's the most used machine in our nursery so I expect it to get tired eventually. I hope Hubby bought a new wipes warmer for our son.

Me: Okay. I have no idea about anything you just said but sure, I do hope Gege bought you a wipes warmer.

JiJi: You and Qing will be here for my dinner, right?

Me: Of course, I won't miss it for the world. Do you need me to bring anything? Wine? Appetizer? Desert? Flowers?

JiJi: Some sweet stuffs will be appreciated. Oh, why can I talk nicely with you while all my brother did was grunt at me. He kept saying "yes, yes we will be there, stop nagging". He has no patience for me.

Me: (wincing) He is busy at work. It seems like he is always on the go nowadays. For what it's worth, he forgot to kiss me goodbye yesterday. Qing is that busy.

JiJi: Hmmmm, I wish the money he earned from being busy will make him happy.

Me: Go easy on him already, okay?

JiJi: Just for you, I will. Be here, okay?

Me: We will. See you.

I'm glad that call ended before JiJi could continue raging after her brother.

I also took the time to shop for a gifts for her. So sure that she will love them. Qing split the cost with me as he has no time to look for something for his sister. But before we went to JiJi's house for the dinner, Qing stopped by on a flower shop to pick the flowers he ordered for JiJi.

Me: (while we are on the way) (cradling the flower in my arms) Oh, this is beautiful. I'm sure your sister will love it.

Qing: (eyes on the road) I hope so.

Traffic was terrible that night but we got just in time for the pre dinner cocktail drinks. I went straight to greet and hug Mama. Complete disclosure: I'm being extra affectionate to Qing's mother. She already forgave me and she fully loves me again.

I'm her favourite again.

(Good for you, Dayu)

Right? I'm happy because of that. To get fully forgiven by our parents was the highlight of May for me. Like all my worries are now gone.

I also greeted our host. JiJi looked stunning in a mignight blue pencil cut dress with sheer long sleeves. Her jewelries are tasteful and her make up flawless.

JiJi: (kissing my cheek) Thank you for coming.

Me: (smiling) Happy Mother's Day.

Everyone on the living room stood still at what I said. JiJi's eyes got suspiciously shiny while I look around in alarm.

Me: I didn't make her cry! I swear!

Mama: (coming to hug JiJi) Oh daughter...I'm sorry. It was remiss of us. Dayu had to greet you first when it should have been me. Happy Mother's Day, sweetheart.

Baba: (hugging JiJi after Mama) Happy Mother's Day, JiJi. May you have a lot more from now on.

Me: (confuse) I'm the first one who greeted you? (turning to JiJi's husband) Gege?