Get Together

JiJi is back and she is glowing. She invited Qing and I, together with Zhu gege and Pau, to their home for dinner. She seems elated and her aura looked lighter.

JiJi: Why won't I be? My father in law will soon be discharged from the hospital. He will continue his physical therapy and treatment at their home. That means I am finally free from worrying about hospital matters and papers.

Gege: (gazing at his wife fondly) Thank you, Honey. For all your hard work these past months while my father was seriously sick.

JiJi: Aw...no need to thank me further. You already promised to take me and JR on vacation away from the capital next month.

Gege: (nodding) We will. (smiling at us) We will have a little family vacation next month.

Wang Zhu: Good. You two, more than anyone, deserve that restful break. You held the helm for your family while everything is in chaos and you both did well.

Me: That's true. We are so proud of you both.

JiJi: (smiling at me) Oh, I don't know if I have made it if you were not there to listen to all my whinings, Dayu ah.

Me: What whinings?

JiJi: (laughing delightedly) Exactly! Oh my god, this is the reason why I love you.

I smiled upon hearing her laugh. JiJi had been on an ordeal, as well as Gege and his family. But Gege's father is making progress on his health. Sure, it might seems slow but the progress is steady. Gege's father is becoming strongers as weeks pass. Which is a good thing for everyone involved.

Qing: I asked Baba and Mama if we should visit once Gege's father is at their home. What do you think, Gege?

Gege: I'll appreciate that. Baba doesn't like people coming to the hospital and see him in a weak state of lying on a hospital bed. But once he is back home, we might persuade him to take visitors. Still, there will be strict protocol. He is not a hundred percent yet. He is not even seventy percent well.

JiJi: I'll advice Mama to call my in laws first before they visit Baban.

Pau: I think that will be more appropriate.

Me: That's great. But question...why are we the only ones you invited on this dinner?

I thought JiJi will invite the whole family once she is ready to get back to hosting dinners and attending parties.

JiJi: I'll treat our parents, Uncle and Auntie later. I just...the four of you kept me sane while my father in law was hospitalized. Zhu and Qing always checked on me. I turned to you and Pau when I am at my wit's end. You all saved me...

Qing: Oh, don't exaggerate. You get through all that because you are one strong woman.

All of us there stared at my fiancé. Qing frowned at us.

Qing: What?

Me: (giving him a teasing smile) Just tell her you love her so much, you sweet boy.

Qing: (coughing a little) W-what? Of course I love her! She is my sister. What the hell?

Wang Zhu: (grinning at Qing) Just have a moment with her and tell JiJi you love her in her face sincerely.