That Night pt2

"Are you already checking out potential venues? How about the color motif of the wedding, have you decided on that?"

"We are thinking of inviting at least 500 guests..."

"I wish this virus will be done by then..."

"There are several pharmacheutical companies already releasing reports with 100% recovery accuracies with the drugs they are developing. Lets hope for the best..."

"I want big flowers around..."

"What about flower girls and the ring bearers?"

"I am thinking of getting a pet dog. I told Zhu we should adopt one. A big one."

"We are already scheduled to be fitted and select suits by next month. Don't worry Ma, we will start the year checking out items on the list you handed to us..."

I closed my eyes when the sounds of voices and clinks of crystal goblets started making my head spin. As always, it took me a moment to realize what is going on. Which is normal because no sane person will anticipate having a panic attack while in the middle of dinner with the people closests to you and whom you know loves you dearly.

I mean, if I am having dinner with the freaking different leaders around the world, yes I think I will anticipate a panic attack in the midst of it. Imagine me sitting next to Jacinda Arden and Angela Merkel with the Queen of England, Queen Elizabeth II, sitting opposite from me...damn it, I will have the most epic panic attack then. I think. Maybe after I fanboy about them.

But no. This is no UN dinner together with the leaders around the world. This is a family dinner with my family who loves me.

So why am I having a panic attack right now? Shit! Thats the thought that pervaded my head as I try my best to breathe deeply and to stay calm. I have done it before. I might do it again.

But the love of my life is sitting right in front of me and Qing is always aware of me so...

Qing: Love, are you alright?

I opened my eyes and tried nodding as another wave of spasm on my right arm assailed me. Qing frowned at me. His chair made a loud noise when he hurriedly stood from it.

Mama: (pulled from her conversation with Auntie) Qing, what is going on?

Qing: (as he circles the table to get to my side) Nothing. Love, stand up.

Qing put an arm around me and I let him assist me at my feet. My fiancé hugged me and I held on to Qing.

Qing: (whispering on my ear) Breathe with me.

Me: (panicking) I don't want to vomit. Get me out of here.

Qing: Okay, we are moving.

Auntie: Qing, what is going on?

Me: (hissing at Qing between gasping for air) Don't tell them what's going on...

Qing: (ignoring that ridiculous request of mine) Dayu is having a panic attack. We need air. Its stuffy here...

He never listens to me, I swear. And his family immediately reacted with varied degrees of concern upon hearing what is going on.

JiJi: (exclaiming in surprise) Oh my God!

Mama: (sounding scared) Dayu ah!

When Qing finally voiced out what was wrong with me, thats when the full force of the panic attack swamped me. I started coughing and loudly gasping for air. Qing dragged me towards the french doors leading to the garden of Auntie and Uncle's home. The others following us.