Frustrated

We are having a problem on how to start looking for a new housekeeper. We are getting frustrated with that.

And when I say "we", I meant Qing. Qing is having a problem and getting frustrated on how he can start looking for a new housekeeper for us. Part of why he is having a hard time is because he has a fiancé who doesn't want a new housekeeper.

(Baba's fiancé...isn't that you?)

I feel for Qing, really.

(Oh no...Baba!)

But you see...

Me: I'm not ready for a new housekeeper.

Qing: I know. I know you need time to adjust on Mrs.Tiu leaving us to retire. But we also couldn't sit on our hands on this. We need a housekeeper or you will start tackling every housework by yourself again. Dayu ah, I think it's time we contact an agency for a new housekeeper. What do you think?

Me: Stop talking to me and leave me alone.

Qing: That is not the answer I am looking for.

Me: And you are still talking to me. I guess we will both not get what we want in this conversation.

Qing: Dayu ah...

Me: (snatching my phone up) (in a threatening tone) I will call Mama! I will call her and say that you are pressuring me about this housekeeper thing that you are close to giving me a panic attack.

Qing: (sighing) Your mother or my mother?

Me: (frowning a little) Who are you more afraid of between them?

Qing: (taking the phone from my hand) Stop using your panic attack to get out of things that makes you uncomfortable. You will not have a panic attack because of this.

Me: How can you be sure of that? I am already miserable. You know I hate change...any change on my well established life throws me in a confuse limbo that I sometimes don't know how to escape.

Qing: Where did that hate go when you ordered aromatic candles from a new store? You abandoned the old store where you usually buy your meditating candles.

Me: (glaring at Qing) Stay away from me and my aromatic candles.

Qing: I want too. But you bought two boxes of candles, Dayu ah. I am worried about the amount of candles you let enter our home. What do you plan to do with those? Burn the building down or do a pagan ritual or something? Are you about to start a new religious cult? Because the last places I saw with that many candles were a church and a temple.

Me: (scrunching my nose) Leave me and my candles alone. I need them to destress and meditate to avoid any panic attack. Those candles are keeping me alive...

Qing: You are so dramatic. Those are candles, not chocolates. Chocolates keep you alive, you said so yourself.

Me: (raising one palm up) Hep! Don't you dare go there. Chocolate is sacred to me.

Qing: Really? Okay, I'll buy you a box of bonbons as long as you agree to participate in getting a new housekeeper.

Me: (gasping) Stay away from me, you devil seducer! No! I don't want a new housekeeper. Keep your bonbons! I don't need them! Give me back Mrs.Tiu!

I ran into our room to hide under the covers. I heard calmer footsteps after me and Qing sighing loudly.

Qing: If you won't take this seriously, I will pack us up to go to the museleom. There, Mama has a full household staff who'll do everything for you. You won't get tired there and I could play with Kuai and Kuangnu everyday.