Lucky Qing

Qing won the lottery.

Okay, I know that is bizarre but he did win in a lottery. Not the first place prize, no. I mean if Qing won a first place in the lottery and he is the only winner...you bet your ass I will stop writing in this journal and instead will hastily proceed to marry his filthy rich ass. I mean, you can win as much as 1 billion yuan in some local lotteries in this country. I'm not kidding.

But when I told Qing about my plans if he wins the first prize in lottery, he was not touched by it.

Qing: (confuse) You mean to say, you will instantly marry me if I become a billionaire. What?

Me: Yes. Because I wanna be a billionaire so freaking bad. If you are a billionaire and I marry you, I will also become a billionaire instantly.

Qing: No, because even if you marry me, I'm still the one who has the money and oh...you mean, you will have rights on it too.

Me: Yes. If I marry you, that means I will have rights with your money because of this thing they call conjugal rights. Such a cool word, conjugal rights. It rolls through your tongue. Very useful too when I marry you. Your money will all be mine.

Qing: No. Half of it will be yours.

Me: (blinking) Only half?

Qing: Yes. I'm sure only half.

Me: (staring at him) Are YOU sure that it'll be only half?

Qing: (swallowing) (sighing in defeat) Love, I will need allowance money. For gas and snacks.

Me: (smiling as I pat his cheek) I will give you a generous amount as your allowance money, don't worry.

Qing: Thanks, Love.

Me: You're welcome.

(LOL)

Yes, laugh because we are just joking. I, of course, won't get any money from Qing even if he marries me. Well, not all his money at least. But I do know I will get a living allowance once I marry a Wang. Qing's mother explained it all to me. The money matter once you joined a prominent family like the one she grew up in or married into.

Mama: You don't expect the spouse of the head of our family to go around being penniless, right?

Me: Well...

Mama: You will have money at hand at all times. Believe me, money will be the least of your problem when you marry Qing.

Me: (nodding to agree) Yes. Because I think being a mediator between all of you will be my biggest problem.

Mama: (laughing) Oh, you cheeky boy.

Me: (panicking) Why are you laughing, Mama? I am not joking.

Mama: (laughters dying) Oh...oh right. Being a buffer between members of this family is never fun. Yikes. Sorry, Dayu. Still, you have to marry Qing.

Me: (sighing) I know.

Anyways, like I said, Qing won on a local lottery. He is not the big winner, he is one of 150 or so people who won the second place prize. It means, Qing correctly guessed 6 out of the 7 numbers needed to win the jackpot prize. But even so, the second prize money is still quite satisfactory.

Me: (highly interested) What do you plan to do with it?

Qing: Nothing.

Me: What do you mean nothing? You won a significant amount of money in a lottery, an amount I feel envious you suddenly have, and you plan to do nothing about it?