Beloved pt3

Qing: (whispering to my ear while hugging me) You are a miracle worker, my Love.

Me: (embracing him back) You owe me big time for this. Think about taking me to Rio de Janeiro or Oslo for this alone. Or maybe Iceland to see the Northern Lights.

Qing: Don't worry, we will travel once its safe to board on a plane and leave the country. (kissing my cheek) Thank you for getting ZhiMing out of his room and convincing him to eat.

Yao: (standing closer to us) (curiously) What did you say to him to convince him to eat? I mean, getting him out of the room and putting Miss Daisy down is like a miracle to me already.

Me: (smiling) A master doesn't reveal his secrets to others that easily.

Yao: (to Qing) Your fiancé is a smug son of a...

Qing: (cutting in) Okay...that is enough. We owe Dayu for ZhiMing eating right now. Lets, be grateful to him for that.

We stayed in the living room while Antoine accompanied ZhiMing to eat in the kitchen. I know for a fact that ZhiMing is eating because he wants to drive us to the animal shelter. Ah, my gullible victim.

Once he was done preparing, ZhiMing came down from the second floor looking all determined to show us that we are beneath the sole of his feet. Looking all haughty. Ready for a fight.

ZhiMing: Lets go.

Me: (since I am a dickhead) You might want to apologize to us first. You haven't even welcomed us properly to your place or offer drinks.

ZhiMing: I didn't invite any of you here.

Me: (grinning) Alright, you didn't fall for that one. You are ready to drive.

Qing: Wait? He will drive?

ZhiMing: (nose in the air) Yes. And Dayu will ride with me.

Yao: Oh god...

Antoine: The three of us will be in your car?

Me: Ah no...(pointing at Antoine) You, go with Qing and Yao on Qing's car. Just follow us.

Qing: Where are we going anyways?

Me: You'll see. Come on! Lets go!

Everyone else grumbled as they followed me outside. It's a lovely late afternoon. The sun is setting steadily and the air feels good on my skin. I don't know about the others but I feel good about this.

ZhiMing and I got into his car while Qing and the others piled on my fiancé's SUV. Yao's car will remain there. We drove to the animal shelter and Qing gave me a questioning look when he finally realized where we are.

Qing: You think this is a good idea?

Antoine: I am not sure about this.

Me: It'll be alright. As long as we leave this place without him adopting any animal, we will be alright.

I smiled when a familiar face came to greet us. It's our favorite shelter coordinator. She was the one who introduced those kittens to me. And since then, I have been donating steadily on this shelter. If I can get ZhiMing to donate, his donation will be the biggest amount I may contribute to this shelter.

Which makes me feel good to be honest. I am helping without spending my money, how great is that?

Yes, I'm a penny pinching cheapskate but the most important thing is that the animals in the shelter will have supplies and food because of ZhiMing's donation.

We entered the premise and showed to a familiar room where we await for the kittens to arrive. When the shelter coordinator came, she has a box in her hands with kittens in them and another staff holding a box as well behind her.