Losing Battle pt3

That evening...

After eating dinner with my parents, I started packing my luggage. I left the door of my room open and my Mama, who is passing by, saw what I was doing.

She frowned as she reluctantly entered my room.

Mama: What are you doing?

Me: (sitting on my bed while folding my clothes) Packing my luggage. I will be leaving tomorrow, Mama.

Mama: (crossing her arms on her chest) And where are you going?

Me: (wincing inwardly) Beijing. I'll be staying in Qing's parents place...

Mama: Why?

Me: (pursing my lower lip as I stopped folding my clothes) Someone had to beg in front of Qing's parents so they will forgive us.

Mama: (eyes widening) And so? You will do it? You will go there and beg for their forgiveness when you haven't earned ours yet? What about us?! What?!

She is angry again. Story of my life nowadays. I truly think I got this ability to anger my mother down to perfection.

Me: (sighing) Qing will be here to beg for your forgiveness.

Mama: (simmering down) Oh. You...will switch places with him? I see...

Me: (nodding) Yes. But please, be nice to him.

Mama: (scoffing) Why would I be nice to him?

Me: You love him. You really like Qing!

Mama: That was before you both lied to us...

Baba: (suddenly entering my room as well) What is going on now?

Mama: (gesturing at me) Your son will fly to Beijing tomorrow to beg for Qing's parents' forgiveness...

Me: And Qing will be here to do the same. (Standing up from my bed) You two better be nice to him. No more of these...(waving my hand up and down)

Baba: What these?

Me: Snarling. And angry. And frowning. Don't scowl at Qing. Please...

Mama: (snorting) (turning to Baba again) See? That is your son. He now only cares about his boyfriend's welfare. For him, we are second to Wang Qing in his priorities.

Me: (groaning) That is not true.

Baba: (scratching his chin) He is like me. Remember when I was begging your parents to give us their blessings so we can get married, my mother also accused me of caring only about you.

That made me chuckle. Especially when Mama's eyes widened again.

Mama: Honey!

Baba: (smiling at me) It's true. I spent many days wooing your grandparents to trust me to care for your Mama.

Me: (looking at Mama while gesturing at my Baba) See? That is your husband. He only cared about you. Poor Nana...

Nana was what I call my paternal grandmother.

Mama: You're Nana was fond of me!

Me: And you are fond of Qing, so...be nice to him.

Baba: (chuckling as he walked towards the door of my room) I'll be as nice to Qing as your grandparents were nice to me back then.

Me: (frowning at that) Were they nice to you?

Baba: (stopping to shrug at me) I'm not sure. I will try to remember. My memories are getting murky now, must be because of my age.