Defensive pt1

In a way this is Qing's fault.

(Its Baba's fault again?)

Okay, I think everyone is at fault. Everyone. Me, Qing, Qing's mother, Qing's Aunt...

Heck, we should also blame Zhu Gege.

Shit!

(What happened?)

Well, shit hits the fan. That's what happened. So remember when Baba and Uncle fought? The weeks and weeks of us trying to reconcile them that in the end, we decided to disturb Uncle Stan who has to travel here to Beijing just to smooth things out between his younger cousins...

Well, that sounds like a kid going into a candy store with a bag of cash in their hands compared to this animosity between Mama and Auntie Wang.

We are doomed, really.

(Oh no...)

Yeah, this family loves conflict. And the fights are epic. This one is approaching armageddon.

(You and your love for exaggerating things...)

Am I exaggerating? Am I?

Okay, maybe I am. Surely, Mama and Auntie couldn't be mad at each other for the rest of the year, right? I mean...

Sighs...

Anyways, my own mother has some words of wisdom for me.

Mama: Stay out of it. Whatever you do, don't get between that.

Me: (sounding guilty) But I think its my fault.

Mama: It is not.

Me: Yeah, its not. Its yours. Why did you give birth to a boy who bruised easily? How dare you?

Mama: Feng Jian Yu!

Me: (deflating) Sorry. But really Mama, I feel like this is my fault.

Mama: No. These are women who married into one family. They are like siblings now, having a sibling fight. Stay out of it if you don't want to get hurt.

Me: I want to fix it.

Mama: (frowning) Why? These are adults. They are capable of fixing things on their own. Stay out of it, Dayu ah...I will not tell you the fourth time. I already told you thrice. Don't make me go down there.

I folded. I nodded and said I will stay out if it. Mama was adamant and I don't really want to tangle with her. She is scary.

Qing has the same opinion.

Qing: Stay out of it.

Me: But it is my fault...

Qing: No. Its theirs.

Me: But it was because of me...

Qing: (hissing) Do you really want to be the center of everything? Are you that vain?

Me: What? No! What the hell?

Qing: Then why do you keep insisting that this is your fault. I'm telling you, its not.

Me: (scowling) Yeah, its not. Because its your fault. I told you to be gentle with me.

Qing: You are the one who wants to wrestle with me.

Me: Because you were tired then and I feel like I could beat you.

Qing: And did you?

Me: Well, I get to pin you once.

Qing: (shaking his head) No. I let you pin me once. It happened because I let it to happen.

Me: No! Fuck you, I put efforts in that!