A Good Daughter in Law pt2

Disclaimer: I don't know every details of the meeting Baba and Mama had with JiJi's mother in law...but I think it went well enough.

JiJi, Gege and JR are now residing at the mansion. Like I said, Baba and Mama went to the hospital like descending immortals to negotiate JiJi's stand and obligations in her husband's family.

Apparently, Qing met his parents, cousin and Uncle at the Wang Headquarters and they discussed JiJi's situation there. Since I didn't give all the details to Qing, they had to work with what I just shared with him about my late night meeting with JiJi at the hospital. That his sister is tired and struggling.

Mama called Gege to ask about the condition of JiJi's father in law. And then to say the genius that is Mama, she also asked Gege about JiJi's condition. Gege didn't lie and told Mama that he thinks JiJi is getting overwhelmed by staying 24/7 in the hospital.

Well, Baba and Uncle were not having it. Like I said, JiJi is the princess of this family, she is precious to this family. So Mama and Baba descended on that hospital to talk to JiJi's mother in law.

Now, bear with me because this is the part where I will explain the situation in the hospital. Apparently, JiJi's father in law has private nurses that looked after him round the clock but JiJi's mother in law doesn't trust anyone to oversee everything about her husband's medical records and papers aside from herself and JiJi. So JiJi had to keep the hospital documents as well as run errands for and look after her mother in law. In short, her mother in law kept JiJi close because she doesn't trust anyone else to handle the paper side of her husband's hospitalization but her eldest daughter in law. She is most doubtful of her second daughter in law whom she called "airy head".

If you don't know that term, it's a flowery term for dumb. For JiJi's mother in law, their second daughter in law is dumb and couldn't be trusted to know what to do when she's in a hospital to take over what JiJi is doing.

Qing called me during a break from my shooting to update me about that.

Me: (on the phone) (annoyed) Then why does she treat JiJi like that if she couldn't trusts anyone else but her?!

Qing: (sighing) You are making me think that you left too much from the story you gave me to.

Me: Story? I told you three sentences about it. JiJi is tired. She is struggling. She is gonna make a decision soon. If you think that is the whole story based on those three sentences, then you are an airy head as well.

Qing: (sighed) Well, Mama and Baba finally got her out of that place.

Me: Good. How is she?

Qing: Exhausted. She hugged JR and started crying. Then she lied and said she is fine. She cleaned up and then went straight to sleep. At least I got to see her eat something before I left the mansion. Her family will stay there until this thing with her father in law is over one way or another.

One way or another means, if JiJi's father in law will recover or die.

Me: What did Gege said?

Qing: He told us he called everyone on his family to have a meeting. I think Gege is also done with his family looking at JiJi to look after his parents when there are so many in their clan to do it on rotation. He apologized to our parents.

Me: Poor Gege.

Qing: (scoffing) I am annoyed at him. We didn't let him marry my sister to be a slave to his parents.

Me: Slave...your words really...

Qing: (irritated) JiJi was crying, Dayu ah. You know her, she is no crybaby. For her to cry, that means she is already on the brink of a breakdown. What did she said to you?