Mrs.Lim pt2

She is Mrs.Lim.

Mr.Lim is Candy's father and the Goddess' married lover.

And I think I just met Mr.Lim's wife.

Shit!

Mrs.Lim: Someone positively told me that this is where...lives. With her daughter.

Shit again!

Me: Oh...well, there are four units in this floor. Maybe one of them was owned by her. But I'm not really the neighborly type and we were practically new here so...I'm still not that familiar with everyone living in this building.

Mrs.Lim: I see. (staring at Candy) She looks beautiful.

Me: (smiling nervously at Candy) Well, she is. She is mine so I think she is beautiful.

Candy, who must be feeling that I am getting stressed, whimpered and put her head on my shoulder. I held her more securely in my arms. Kids are sensitive, as I read once in a book. They can absorb the emotions of adults around them. And they sympathize easily, so they feel what adults feel as well.

I passed a calming hand on Candy's back. I decided to take a deep breath and think. There is no need to be stressed. I lied already. All I need to do is ride on with that lie until Mrs.Lim leave.

She is a beautiful woman. I love my mother but I think Mrs.Lim is three times prettier than her. She is modestly and tastefully dressed in a white laced front blouse and dark pants. She's carrying a black designer brand quilted bag with a gold snap. She has oval shaped eyes that gave you confident gaze and thin lips that I think smiles a lot because she got some fine lines in it that didn't mar her beauty but instead enhanced it.

Then I remembered she is a politician's wife and I bet she smiles a lot at people when it's time to vote for her husband or if she is meeting other politician spouses.

Mrs.Lim: (even commenting tone) You look too young to have a child.

Me: No. I'm already 28, Ma'am. But thank you for thinking that I am younger.

Mrs.Lim: Oh, you are already 28? You do look young. Must be your skin. They look...fresh. I wonder what product you use to your skin to look youthful like that.

The products the Goddess' company provided for me since I am a shareholder in one of her product line.

I didn't say those words, of course. I just nod at her.

Mrs.Lim: Would you mind if I come in and have some water? I forgot to buy some while on my way here. As the weather grew hotter, we should be diligent in drinking water so we don't experience dehydration.

She even speak like a politician. I winced at her.

Me: I would love to invite you in but my house is currently a mess. Apparently if you are living with a child, being orderly is not the priority of the day. You know...

Mrs.Lim: I wouldn't know. I never had children of my own and I don't actually plan to have one.

Me: Oh.

Mrs.Lim: (smiling) But that's okay. I would just have that water and I will leave again. I just feel parched.

At that moment, I want to call Mr.Lim and ask him...how the hell does he deal with not just one...but TWO formidable women in his life? Is he insane?!

I hate being weak and wanting to please people because I nodded and told her...

Me: If you will just give me a sec to tidy up a little. Wait here...