UGH!

We ditched the private plane plan because the alert code about the virus was suddenly lowered down by the government. There are still precautions in places but it was said that flying domestically could be safe again.

Qing decided to purchase business class tickets for us and he told me to always use the VIP doors when I'm at the airport.

Qing: (while talking on the phone) I think Mama is softening up. She is worried about us flying the normal way. She insisted on private plane but I said we will be careful. You know...mask, disinfectant, gloves and all. She muttered about getting some protective equiptment for us to use like those they use in hospital but Baba and I shot that idea down. Those kinds of protective gears should be used by medical personnels only. They are the one putting their lives on the line by taking care of sick people...

Me: Well, they say flying commercial is quite safe. I will be careful. I know you will be careful.

Qing: We will, that's why you should use the VIP facilities. My parents will send a car to pick you up from the airport. Stay away from anyone while flying.

Me: I will.

Qing: Okay, I will see you tomorrow. At least we will be able to spend a night together.

Yes. That part of our plan changes as well. On our original plan, Qing will land in Heilongjiang in the morning and I will fly to Beijing at night. But now, Qing will fly to Heilongjiang and we will get to spend a day together because my flight to Beijing will be on the next day.

It's great. Really great that Qing and I will have some time to be physically together. Have I told you all this? Being with Qing is not hard, the only hard part is when we are apart. When our works took us away from our nest and from each other, that's the hardest part of this relationship. Not the hiding, not the lying...I can take those...as long as I am with Qing.

One other great thing was Meng volunteering to drive us to the airport so we can pick Qing up.

Meng: (while driving) We could also have lunch with Qing ge. I mean, maybe go to a drive thru and get some take outs. We can park somewhere without too many people and eat together. What do you think Xiao?

Xiao, who is sitting at the backseat of Meng's SUV, glared at me. I was sitting in the passenger seat. Xiao's lips thinned as well.

Meng and I winced together. His role as the middle man is clearly not yet done. Xiao is still mad at me...probably because my parents hasn't fully forgiven me yet.

Meng: If you will put a percentage on that, where do you think is your chance to get their forgiveness?

Me: Hopefully about 65%?

Xiao: (clipped tone) If you take out the hope part?

Me: (worrying my lower lip) Maybe 30? (sighing) That number is on the generous side.

Meng: (groaning) So...nowhere near getting forgiven...I see...

Xiao snorted but didn't said anything else. At least he adhere to the saying about shutting up if you don't have any nice thing to add to the conversation.

And Xiao is short on saying anything nice about me nowadays. He is not my fan right now.

Me: Mama is the problem. I think Baba is getting there...Mama is having a hard time sorting out her feelings for me.

Xiao: (irritated tone) Auntie is the problem? Really?

Me: (wincing) No! I am the problem! I am! Sorry...I misspoke.

Xiao is so sensitive. But then again, he is right. Mama is not the problem. I was the problem. Me lying to them was the problem.

Meng: (contemplative tone) Have you tried doing what Auntie wants? What is it that she wants you to do again?