Prenup List pt1

Pau: Just give in.

I stopped eating my lobster salad to glare at him. Pau smiled mischievously at me while sipping his mimosa. We are having brunch together, just the two of us. This brunch is Pau's treat to express his gratitude when I accompanied him to the hospital the other week and I happen to mention about my conversation with Qing about spousal role and prenup while we were eating.

In case you are all wondering, I glared at him because Pau just threw my words back into my face.

Ah...this "giving in" issue. I will not discuss this again. If you want a refresher on this subject, go back some chapters and read about "giving in" graciously to the Wangs.

Anyways...

Me: This is not about giving in.

Pau: It is exactly about that. You will basically sign your life to the Wangs once you marry Wang Qing. You will stay in that mansion and raise the next heir to the Wang's fortune.

Me: Unless I become a top star and start earning millions per project.

Pau: When will that happen? How close are we to getting that as a reality?

Me: (pouty tone) It can happen. This is show business, darling. Anything is possible here.

Pau: (nodding) Sure. But for now...

Me: (deflating) For now...yeah. I should get accustomed to the fact that my life could consist of being inside a vast mansion with two gardens while raising kids.

Pau: (staring at my face) Will it be such a bad fate?

Me: Your life will consist of...

Pau: Oh I get it. I get it!

Me: As you should. It could be your life too. I am not the only one in a relationship with a Wang heir in this table.

Pau: (snickering) Zhu ah is different from Wang Qing.

Me: (whistling) Wow, you are that delusional?

Pau: (rolling his eyes) Fine! So they believe in the same things but surely...Zhu will not demand on me to leave my work just so I can play househusband for him. (snorting) I am not slaving away to get my MBA to be sidelined like that.

Me: (forlornly) I don't have a masteral degree in business. I don't even have a business instinct. I'm not cut out like the rest of you.

Pau fits perfectly in the Wang family. He studied business and now getting his master's degree on business philosopy and economics. I graduated college as a Performing Arts major. I can dance in front of thousands of people but I can never convince one supplier to do business with me. Heck, I wouldn't be able to convince a cat to sign some investment contract with me.

My point is...I'm not business savvy like the rest of them. The closest to me in terms of lack of interest in business in that family are Mama and Auntie Wang. Mama finished college as an Art History student while Auntie has knowledge in fashion and designing. But both of them uses their educations to keep the Wang Foundation running and to remain as important figures in high society. All while being amazing wives and mothers to their husbands and children.

I don't think I can do what Mama and Auntie does. I...am not confident enough to be part of that elite society of successful spouses of powerful businessmen.

They say every great man, a greater woman was behind him.

Me: I am not great in anything whatsoever.

Pau: Stop selling yourself short. You are a wondeful friend to me and I bet Wang Qing will say that you are the best boyfriend he ever had.

Me: (grumbling) As I should be because I think I am the only serious relationship he ever had. He slept around before being with me but all of those are short flings. Many are not even worth mentioning.