Disturbance

Our sleep was disturbed two nights ago by a loud commotion on unit number 4 in our floor. Qing told me to stay inside our condo as he checked on what's happening. Building officers and managers were called on the scene and I really thought someone died on that unit. I think Qing thought that was the case too because he was adamant for me to remain in the safety of our condo.

But more than my own safety, I want to make sure the Goddess and Candy from the unit across are safe as well. I told Qing that.

Me: Mr.Lim is not with them. She and Candy are alone in their unit.

Qing: I will knock on her door and tell her to stay still inside it as well.

Me: (scowling) Why do you have to be the one to check if things are dangerous outside? Are you Superman or something?

Qing: Because you are neurotic.

Me: (blinking) Oh. Right...okay, go on then.

(That was quick...)

Yeah...well, Qing has a point. I am neurotic and I could be a nervous wreck. I'm no good in situations like this. Some weeks ago, I had a hissy fit because I almost slip in our bathroom. I'm no good at surprising situations.

Anyways, I stayed inside our condo and decided to make some tea. You know, to keep busy and to calm myself. I also kept on yawning. I had a long working day the day before and yet here I am awake while my fiancé is playing building manager to see what the hell is going on inside unit 4.

An hour later, Qing came back. Looking grim...

Me: (on my second cup of tea) Do you want coffee? I could start the coffee maker.

Qing: Nah. It's only 2am. I intend to go back to bed with you.

Me: Okay. What's going on?

Qing: Domestic squabble. Did you know that a married couple moved into unit 4 two months ago?

Me: No. I had no idea.

Qing: (smiling) Well, that is a first. You didn't get nosy about our new neighbor?

Me: I had no idea we have a new neighbor. I didn't even know when the last occupant left that unit. Who is it again? Rei?

Qing: No. Rei was the guy before the last one. The last one was the one you thought was breeding snakes and you almost ruin their door.

Me: Really? I don't remember.

Qing: How can you not remember almost ruining someone else's door? Are you feigning ignorance now?

Me: (deliberately changing the subject) So we have new neighbors? How did they move in so quietly?

Qing: You just deliberately changed the subject there. (sighing) I don't know and I don't care. I hope they will leave as quietly as they came.

Me: That is not charitable.

Qing: They caused enough disturbance to interrupt our sleep. That is not...

My fiancé stopped talking when the doorbell rang. Qing grumbled as he went to the door to see who rang our doorbell. I heard muffled conversation next and then Qing came back to kitchen once he was done talking to the person on the door.

Me: Who was it?

Qing: A security officer and the building manager. They told me that it was resolved and they apologized for the disturbance.

Me: Uhuh. So what was it all about?

Qing: A domestic squabble, like I said. The couple had a fight, I think it turned alarming because they start having a shouting match and physical fight in the hallway.