Defensive pt2

Mama called Baba home. I don't know what emergency she told Baba for Baba to rush home to the mansion but she did it and I think I already told you all that this woman, Qing's mother, is almost unstoppable.

Minutes after Baba entered the house, Qing's car stopped at the entance driveway. I welcomed him at the receiving foyer. I stopped him from fully entering the mansion so I can brief him first about the war that has started.

Qing: (looking worried) What happened? Did Mama's blood pressure act up again?

Me: Oh! I forgot about her blood pressure. Well, that's not what happened. Although it could happen. Her blood pressure spiking.

Qing: (turning confused) Wait...what? The hell, Dayu ah...you are confusing me. What is wrong with Mama? Weren't you supposed to have tea with her and Auntie. How was that?

Me: Oh, that's a nice question. How was that tea? Uhm...should I say eventful? (nodding) Yeah, it was pretty eventful. The tea was nice, but I don't think it will happen again on the foreseeable future, though.

Qing: (groaning) What happened now?

Me: (wringing my hands) They had a fight. Right in front of me and matcha macarons. You and Zhu Gege were mentioned. Why did Zhu Gege beat your ass before?

Qing groaned. He closed his eyes and massaged the bridge of his nose.

Qing: (sounding frustrated already) Please tell me that Mama didn't mention that time I landed in the hospital when Gege kicked my head when I was eight.

I clamped my lips. Qing opened his eyes and frowned at me.

Qing: Why aren't you saying anything?

Me: You told me not to tell you that your Mama mentioned that time you landed in the hospital...

Qing: Oh for fuck's sake!

Mama: (from behind me) Language. And what are you two doing there? Aren't you going to come in?

Me: (grimacing) I was just briefing Qing, Mama. So he'll have an idea about what happened...

Mama: (stern) What happened was that I learned that you two like to go and wrestle each other when you have some free time, enough to have bruises. We will talk about that. Follow me. Both of you...

Qing looked at me. I winced apologetically at him.

Me: They saw the bruises on my arms.

Qing closed his eyes again. I feel for him. Poor guy.

We followed Mama inside and went to the study where we saw Baba on the phone talking to someone. That someone turned out to be Uncle. We are in Code Orange. Everyone has to be alerted. I am sure, Zhu gege already knows about what happened.

Baba: (on the phone) I will talk to her. Okay. See you in the office...

Baba put down his phone after the call. Mama sat regally on a solo highback chair. She already has a defensive look on her face. Baba sighed.

Baba: (to Mama) Your temper really. Qing got his temper from you. When will you forgive Zhu for putting Qing in the hospital when they were children? Do you always have to mention that when you are cross with your children's aunt?

Mama: She started it.

Baba: She started it? Are you seven years old? Why are you pointing at someone else?

Mama: She came after our son. She almost accused Qing of beating Dayu up just because she saw some bruises on Dayu's arms and she talked to some victims of marital abuse...(scoffing) And she had the gall to call me a snob? She is the snob!