Notes and Letters pt2

I frowned as I watched for Qing's reaction as he read my sweet letter to him. Then my husband to be sighed.

Qing: (waving the paper in his hand) Is this a love letter or are you filing a formal complaints against me?

Me: What? Why?

Qing: (reading from my letter) I love you even though you suck at following my orders. I also don't get lost easily Qing, you just can't dictate directions the right way. But I still love you and I love living with you. I really do, even though living with you will mean my dirty but still clean smelling laundry has to share the same hamper with your sweaty exercise clothes. They are gross, Qing...gross. Washing them is always a chore. But I do it because you suck at washing our clothes and because I love you.

Me: (puzzled) Why do you think I am complaining? I said I love you every other sentence.

Qing: Saying "I love you" every five words doesn't make your letter romantic...wow, Feng Jian Yu...don't you feel pathetic while writing this? And this line what is this?

Me: What line?

Qing: Roses are red, violets are blue. I wrote this letter for thee and now you have to write one too. What?

Me: I know it doesn't ryhyme perfectly...is it the thee? Huh?

Qing: (looking beyond exasperated) That is not my issue, Dayu ah...

Me: (scowling at him) Stop talking too much again and just answer my letter. I gave you one, now you have to answer it.

Qing: (waving the paper again) Oh, you want me to answer this? Okay...

Qing took out his phone from the pocket of his shorts and did something on it. Then he showed me the screen of his cellphone. It was frozen on a website of an online store. Qing just bought a new hamper.

Me: What the hell? Why will you buy another one? Our hamper is still fine.

Qing: This is MY hamper. Mine and mine alone. From now on, lets separate your dirty but still clean smelling laundry from my sweaty stuffs. Happy now?

Qing slammed my letter on the sink counter before he opened the fridge again and took a yogurt from it. He sneered at me before leaving the kitchen.

His temper is really terrible.

(What? Baba's temper...what about yours?)

Oh, it's about to show up. My temper. In case y'all are missing it, your Baba is playing hard to get with me right now. He is withholding my love letters that are on his head and he is refusing to write down for me.

How dare he?!

(Dayu ah...maybe Baba is really not in the mood to write. Have you considered that?)

Okay fine...he is not in the mood to write at the moment. But if I can get Qing to promise to write me a love letter or note, then that's good as done. Qing never breaks a promise to me, unless he couldn't help it or he has a valid reason to break it. But I really believe that if I make Qing swear to give me a love letter, he will do his best to give me one.

Alright, change of plan. I'll be fine without receiving any letter today...a promise of getting one someday soon will be enough. I can be patient...

(Do you even know the meaning of the word?)

I repeat, I can be patient...as long as I know for sure that I will get my heart's desire someday.

With newfound determination, I completely succeeded in negotiating with myself that we don't need is an actual letter at this moment. A promise of one will do. And I know the perfect way to get Qing to promise me anything.