Budget

Qing: I love your mother, Dayu ah. I love her, I swear. I think putting up a statue to thank her for giving birth to you...for raising you...won't be enough. But for fuck's sake Love, let this be the last time we listen to Mama's advice on marriage. Please?

Me: She meant well when she gave that advice to us. And we didn't have to do it but I saw no harm on doing it...

Qing: We have been eating chicken stew for three straight days now...I think I don't just feel harmed. I feel violated already.

Me: Stop exaggerating.

Qing: (shaking his head) No. I don't do that. You do that. You exaggerate things. Which is fucking my head right now because you are downplaying this whole thing. Dayu ah, we have been eating chicken stew for...

Me: For three straight days now. I know! I know. Jeez you...

Qing: This experiment will end tonight. (letting his spoon go) I couldn't eat this anymore. Lets call for some take out, Love. Do you want sushi? You love sushi. Do you want some?

I let out an indecent moan at his offer of sushi. I do want some sushi. Or some seared ahi. Also fluffy and soft eggrolls in rice. I want.

Me: But what about the chicken stew? Will we waste it.

Qing and I stared at our dismal dinner. Not that the chicken stew is not tasty. It is quite tasty. But this is the fourth time we will have this as our food in the last three days.

Qing: (in a grave tone) The chicken stew has to go.

Me: (nodding) Yes. Yes, it has.

So my partner in crime and I cleaned up our dinner table and without any remorse in our bodies...eliminated the chicken stew. I dumped the soup on the sink and run the sink grinder to dissolve all evidence.

When Qing and I did a crime, we are thorough is cleaning up everything so none will be the wiser. You all have been warned.

Then Qing ordered sushi to be delivered to us. We waited in great anticipation. When it arrived, Qing and I just arranged everything on the center table in the living room and ate straight out of the containers.

Me: (after my first bite) Oh my...oh...ugh...this is soooo good.

Qing just moaned and nodded to agree with me. I took a good sip of the still warm miso soup and I think my soul ascended to the heavens.

(You are exaggerating)

No. I am not. It was so good. Together with the tuna sashimi sushi dipped in soy sauce and wasabi...it was delish. And because we are also drinking light brewed beers that complimented the taste of the sushi we were having, the experience was sublime.

Qing: And also because we have been eating that chicken stew for...

Me: For three straight days...I know! Ugh! Let it go already.

Qing: Fine. For you, I'm letting it go. But again, this will be the last time we will take Mama's advice. Lets not do this again.

Me: (sighing) I feel like my doom is getting cemented and close to a done deal.

Qing: (gazing at me fondly) Wow, to hear you say that marrying me and managing the museleom as your life being doom...I feel warm all over.

Me: (rolling my eyes) Oh you know what I mean.

Qing: (chuckling) Yes, I know what you mean. It'll be alright, Love.

Me: (smiling) Maybe we can do this if we adjust our spending some more...