Ranting Squirrel

It's a little bit disconcerting to live in a place where the effect of the virus is slowly melting away. Life here in my slice of Earth is slowly getting back on its normal stage. People are out and about doing their things: working, meeting other people, going to school...

Life is on the upside.

Yet around the world, we see countries still struggling to contain the virus and I feel for them. I feel sad when I see news of people dying because of COVID-19. Angry to hear stories of Asian people getting discriminated because other race seems to think that to be Asian automatically meant you are carrying the virus.

That is...just gross. Don't discriminate. Just don't. There will be no acceptable time to discriminate other people. There won't be a justifiable reason to look at other people and think that you are somewhat superior than them. There's no justifiable reason to be racist. Fuck that!

Don't be racists, please.

But yes, the struggle is real and I'm heartbroken to see people getting hungry in lockdowns, losing their livelihood or worse, losing their loved ones. It's sobering and numbing to see the news around the world.

And I don't want to criticize, really I don't but I have things inside my chest that I just have to write down before I scream into the abyss or onto a pillow. So fair warning to all of you, a ranting Squirrel is on the loose.

World leaders, politicians in general...please please, for the love of everything that is holy here on Earth, stop being stupid and corrupt. For once, just stop thinking about enriching yourselves or pushing your own political agendas and just help people.

HELP PEOPLE! PLEASE!

People are dying. People are getting hungry. Some are going crazy and all you think about is how to pocket money or score brownie points by doing meaningless press conferences and photo ops. Have you know no shame at all? Where is your humanity?! Really!!

Ugh! This is...making my chest tighten...

(Dayu ah...calm down...)

I'm trying to. But even Qing cannot deny how stupid some world leaders and politicians are being in the face of this pandemic crisis. Instead of thinking of ways to help those in need, some world leaders are inventing new names for the virus, calling it the "WuHan virus" or "Chinese virus"...it's driving me insane.

And I'm not angry because I'm Chinese. Fuck that. Yes, it might originate here or whatever but tell me, is being geographically correct is what we need right now? It happened here but is pointing fingers at a country more important than coming together to think of ways to contain this virus and stop the spread of it? Sometimes, while watching world news, I feel like all I see are a bunch of people whining about this virus.

LETS ACT! Come on! Stop looking for someone to blame and JUST DO YOUR DAMN JOB! Protect your people by performing mass testing, isolating the ones who got infected and providing assistance to hospitals and medical workers in your country.

Everyday medical workers and hospital staffs put their lives on the line to serve, why can't politician and people in power position do the same? Instead of helping, they are busy washing their hands off from taking responsibility of this crisis or scoring points against their political opponents.

It's sickening.

Here's a sobering thought for everyone to think about...doctors and nurses are dying because of this virus as well. Their jobs are so dangerous, it feels like a war, they are our soldiers and our soldiers are dying as well. Two generations of dedicated medical practitioners and hospital workers are dying. If this continues, we will lose brilliant minds and souls and we will have a hard time replacing them. Those lives are precious...those souls...please, we need to help and save our brave doctors, nurses, first responders, hospital staffs and cleaning crews as they save lives as well. We have to...