Mrs.Lim pt1

2020 is really just one surprise after another, right? I mean, this year messed up everyone's plans, I bet. From the pandemic that is gripping the whole world to celebrities dying to the people we unexpectedly meet.

One day a week ago, Qing and I suddenly acquired a daughter.

(WHAT?! You and Baba...WHAT?!)

LOL, that got you too, right? Y'all have the same reactions as my bestfriends when I tell them this story. But Qing and I didn't just acquired a daughter...we also acquired a cat and a new condo.

(OMG! What is happening?! Did you and Baba move...?)

We did! Across the hallway from our condo...

(Across the hall—...wait, isn't that the Goddess' unit and she has a daughter and a cat...huh?)

Yes. Qing and I lived in the Goddess' place for one afternoon. It was...out of this world strange encounter. From us meeting Mrs.Lim to claiming Candy as our daughter to owning Carlos for four days.

(Oh my...can you start at the beginning...? And what do you mean you met Mrs.Lim? You mean THE Mrs.Lim? Mr.Lim's Mrs.Lim?!)

Yes. Her. Mr.Lim's wife. We met her and it was...how to say this? Uhm, strange and also confusing and also truly amazing.

I cannot believe Qing and I pulled it off.

So, to begin the story...it started when the Goddess next door asked me last week if I have a free day to babysit Candy and Carlos one whole afternoon for her.

Me: Yes. I'll have a free day next week. And sure, I can look after Candy and Hades for one afternoon.

Goddess: Carlos.

Me: Yes. That's what I said, Anubis.

Goddess: (rolling her eyes) Stop associating my cat to the gods of the underworld.

Me: Yes, because he is Satan himself in furry coat.

Goddess: He likes you.

Me: Yes. To ignore. He likes to ignore me. And to sneer at. He likes that too. And to judge me. He is fond of judging me, that judgmental prick.

Goddess: We are still talking about my cat, right?

Me: Hmmm...yes. Wait? Why do you need me to babysit my lovely Candy and...Darth Vader?

Goddess: (chuckling) I have to attend a meeting of the Association of Distinguishable Ladies.

Me: (blinking) Is that a secret society of ladies that's planning to dominate the world?

Goddess: It's...not. No. The members of this association are...(sighing) Do you really want me to explain the Association of Distinguishable Ladies to you?

Me: (grinning) Say it again three times faster. Distinguishable.

Goddess: (laughing) You cheeky cute boy. So...can you babysit for me for one day? I try finding someone but all my female friends are busy with their lives. And honestly, I don't trust that many people.

Me: But you trust me?

Goddess: With all my heart. Don't worry, I'll pay you.

Me: (perking up) With brownies and crinkles?!

Goddess: Yes. And some Italian cheese. I heard from Hot Roommate that you like them.

Me: Yes! Yes! And yes to babysitting my pretty Candy.

Goddess: Okay. (kissing my cheek) Thank you.

Me: (smiling widely) You're welcome.

And days passes until the day came for me to babysit Candy and Carlos the devil spawn. I said goodbye to Qing as he has to work and he promised to come home early after his interview so he can spend time with Candy as well.