Notes and Letters pt1

While going through a box on our walk in closet, I encountered the old letters, love notes and one liners your Baba used to send my way. The words and gesture are sweet. I got irritated.

(Why now?)

You'll know why in an instant.

Me: (showing the notes and letters to Qing) Why are you not doing this anymore? The last long letter was from our anniversary two years ago. Two years ago, Qing! What the hell?

Qing: (taking the box filled with letters and notes) You kept them all.

Me: Of course, because I treasure them and I am sweet like that.

Qing: Yeah...I see...

Me: Yes. And now, give me your answer. Why are you not writing sweet letters to me anymore? Why?

Qing: (shrugging) I don't know. Maybe because there's a lack of inspiration for me to write you a long sweet love letter.

Me: (eyes widening) Why? Why is there a lack of inspiration? I am here. You see me everyday. I inspire you.

Qing: To live, yes. But to write cheesy love letters...

Me: What does that mean?

Qing: (sighing as he gave the box back to me) Maybe it means I am not as creative as a writer like you. That's why you are the one with the journal that you keep on going and I don't.

Me: (shaking my head) No, no no...you can write. (holding out the box) Here are the proofs that you can write. I love these letters and notes but they stopped coming. Why? Lack of inspiration? Why? I don't inspire you anymore? You don't love me the same anymore?

Qing: (frowning) Okay, first of all, I will not stand here and let you doubt my feelings for you. I slipped a fucking ring on your finger, Dayu. I live with your OCD and panic attacks and I love you more each day that passed. I still love you enough that it hurts sometimes. I just don't jot those feelings on papers.

Me: Then jot them down! I want to receive love letters again. I think I deserve them.

Qing: I'm the one who will decide if you deserve a love letter from me. I'm the one who will write them, not you. Because lets admit it Love, it'll be pathetic if you write yourself a love letter.

Me: Then write me some!

Qing: (scowling) No! I won't write some cheesy notes just to appease your tantrums. You are being a brat again.

Me: Maybe. But this time I won't mind if you will give me box and box of love letters. Written by you.

Qing: You won't appreciate it if I write those letters and tell you to eat them like those melons you threw your tantrums around.

Me: (stomping my foot because why not?!) Write me love letters, Wang Qing!

Qing: No! I don't think you deserve them and I'm not inspired to write.

I ran to get a pen and a pad of papers. I held them out to Qing.

Me: Write. Write what's going in your mind right now.

Qing sighed as he took the pen and paper. He raised it to hide what he is writing there. Then he handed the pad of paper and I read what he wrote.

Dayu is a collosal brat. I hate him when he is being like this!

I smiled at what he wrote. Qing frowned at me.