Giving In pt1

Y'all are used to us having drama, right? I mean, after years of reading my diaries, y'all have read some of the most bizarre, stupid and even heartbreaking drama Qing and I had together.

Y'all are not use to that with Pau and Zhu Gege, right? Well, guess what...they are a normal couple too...I think.

Pau packed a luggage and left their home. He stayed in a hotel. Yes, it's that serious.

Qing went to talk some sense to his cousin, I checked on Pau and get him some food. Auntie called me for that favor.

Yes, you read that right, Auntie Wang called me to ask a favor...

Auntie: Just check on Pau, Dayu ah. I would love to do it myself but your Uncle said it might pressure Pau further. We don't want to scare him further away.

Me: He didn't leave their house because he is scared, Auntie. He is pissed.

Auntie: (sighing) I know. That's why I don't want to impose myself in their issue. Go to Pau, take some food for him. He is studying for his upcoming defense on this thesis, I know, but a person still needs to eat, right?

Me: I understand, Auntie. I will do that.

Auntie: Good. I will send some money too so maybe you can give it to him...

Me: (uneasy tone) Auntie...

Auntie: I worry, Dayu ah. I truly worry. Zhu ah won't tell me Pau's credit card account so I can direct some money there...I don't know what else to do to make sure Pau won't have money problems while he is living away from our other son.

Well...she got a point. Auntie and Uncle think of Pau like their son as well. Pau is an orphan and he's almost close to being adopted to the Wang family through his association with Zhu Gege. Much like my position.

Me: I will broach the subject to Pau subtly. Ask him if he will need some extra cash. If he said yes, I will give him your offer of help.

I doubt if Pau will accept help or even admit that he needs one. Growing up depending at no one else but himself, Pau is pretty independent and self reliant.

Or as he phrase it...

Pau: I am not scared to go back to poverty. Eating instant ramen everyday? I can do that again. I've done it before and I survived that. Also not scared of being alone...I've lived like that for almost all of my life until I said yes to living with Zhu ah.

Yikes. That's one tough man to browbeat. Pau has an angelic face and a lithe graceful body but underneath all that beautiful and exquisite facade is a skeleton of steel.

And that's sometime is the reason why Zhu Gege feels frustrated being with Pau. Qing's cousin is used to being in control and expecting others to depend and defer to his decisions and judgmenta. Maybe that's why he is a good VP for Marketing on their company. He made decisions and tasked everyone to follow him like he is a general in a war zone.

But Pau is not a depend and defer kind of guy. Sure, he does assisting and being in the background well enough as Zhu Gege's EA in the Wang headquarters but outside of work, their dynamics are far from boss and employee.

Pau has a mind of his own. He thinks for himself. He is fine saying his opinions. He can take care of himself and he is the first one who will say that he doesn't need anyone to rely on.

Which is a mistake. I think Pau is making a mistake in insisting to be an independent man while he is in a relationship with a Wang.