Christmas Socks

I finally finished decorating the condo with Christmas baubles and nonsense.

(Baubles and nonsense?)

Your Baba is not in the festive mood. Thats what he called my Christmas decors that I got from his mother. Baubles and nonsense.

To be honest, it upsets me. I mean...

Me: I mean, it took me days of planning and executing my plans perfectly to get the condo to this state. Why won't you appreciate my efforts?

Qing: Because, I think its too early to celebrate Christmas. Its still November, Dayu ah.

Me: And so? Is there a law written somewhere that you can only start celebrating Christmas when December hit? Talk about nonsense.

Qing: Its just too soon in my opinion.

Me: According to my research, Filipinos start celebrating Christmas when the -ber months hit. Like in September 1st. And it will end once February arrived to be replaced by Valentine's Day.

Qing: That is ridiculous.

Me: I think so too. But I respect other nation's culture so I won't say anything negative about that. All I am saying is, by Filipino standard, I am already too late in celebrating Christmas.

Qing: Jesus.

Me: Now, can you appreciate my efforts, please. I think I did great.

The condo is now dominated with the colors green, silver, white and some dash of red. My white eco friendly tree has all the trimmings in every shade of green. All it needs are wrapped gifts placed under it. I have hanged the wreaths, mistletoes and twinkling lights. I have large, and I mean huge, Christmassy socks hanging by the fireplace with my names on them.

Qing: Where are my socks? And why do you have five socks with your name in it hanging here?

Me: I bought those. If you want socks with your name on them hanging by the fireplace, you have to buy them yourselves. (smiling sweetly) By the way, thank you for being my Secret Santa.

Qing: (surprised) Wait, what? When did I agree to be your Secret Santa?

Me: Why? Do you see anyone else here who could be my Secret Santa?

Qing: Well...no.

Me: Exactly, its just you and me here. So that automatically means that you are my Secret Santa and you'll need to put gifts on my socks. All five of them. I already decided the category on each socks so listen carefully.

Qing: Wait...this is too fast for me. There is a category on each socks?

Me: (nodding) A criteria of some sort. Like on the first sock, it has to be something soft. A suggestion, it could be socks or a scarf.

Qing: You just bought a scarf a week ago from an online shop.

Me: Yes, but I actually saw two colors of that scarf that I like. I bought the red one, I'm kinda hoping you will get the mustard colored one for me. If you need the website address of that online shop, I can give it to you.

Qing: Never mind, I will just put marshmallows on that sock. Its something soft.

Me: (growling) If you put marshmallows on that sock, be assure I will insert those marshmallows in every hole available in your body. You will dig marshmallows out of your ass for weeks, Wang Qing. I am not kidding.

(Omona...)

Qing: (sighing in resignation) Send that online shop website to me.

Me: (instantly happy) (kissing his cheek) I knew you will see reasons. Remember, you need to buy the mustard colored one, okay?