hospital vlog ~ day 1

*Day one of Ryland and Shane's hospital stay! This doesn't include the family meeting Rosie, that will be a different oneshot! Send suggestions! Love • Bree 🐷*

Vlog Title: Rosie's First Day Of Life
Video description: Watch Rosie's first twenty four hours of life. We are so blessed to have this little girl in our lives. She's perfect.

- 4:45am -
Shane is sitting by Ryland's hospital bed, looking over at his and Ryland's brand new baby daughter. Rosie is fast asleep in her bassinet. Ryland smiles at Rosie and then smiles at Shane.

"I love you." Ryland whispers as he yawns.

"I love you too, baby." Shane says softly, as he kisses Ryland's head.

"You did so good today. I can't believe she's here and she's absolutely perfect." Shane whispers as Ryland smiles.

"Thank you. I couldn't have done it without you. I feel so high, though." Ryland says with a giggle.

Shane giggles as well and kisses Ryland.

"Well, that's understandable. They just gave you a lot of medicine for the c-section, babe." Shane says, giving Rosie a loving glance.

"They really did. My legs are still numb." Ryland says with a giggle.

"I want to hold her. I can't believe how tiny she is. She is so perfect too." Shane whispers as he rubs Rosie's head.

Rosie coos and begins to suck on her thumb.

"You can hold your daughter, baby. Go ahead. You let me hold her a lot already and she needs some Daddy time too. She actually might be getting hungry, I'll have the nurse bring a bottle so you can feed her her very first bottle." Ryland says as he calls the nurses station.

"And I wasn't expecting her to be a ten pound baby! I'm a small guy, babe. She is a little smaller then what I was thinking but she will grow a lot, don't worry." Ryland says as he giggles.

Shane giggles and carefully takes Rosie out of her bassinet, looking completely nervous.

"Babe, it's okay. Just make sure to hold her head so it doesn't wiggle around too much. Good job." Ryland says as Shane sits down in the rocking chair next to Ryland's hospital bed.

"Rosie has so much hair in the back! And it's curly! I had a feeling she was going to he a red head just like your mom and your side of the family." Ryland says as he smiles at his husband holding their daughter for the very first time.

"Me too, honestly. My mom was praying so hard for her to have red hair and she got it." Shane says as he lightly plays with Rosie's hair.

"She has your cute nose. God, she looks like you." Shane whispers as he rocks Rosie.

Rosie tries to open her eyes but the bright lights cause her to shut her eyes again.

"Hi, Rosie. Hi, baby girl." Shane whispers, smiling down at his daughter in awe. 

"I wish she would open her eyes so we can see what color they are. She looks so little in your arms, oh my gosh." Ryland says taking a picture of Shane and Rosie together.

"Her eyes will probably be blue since both of our eyes are blue." Shane says as Ryland smiles.

Rosie begins to fuss and wiggles in Shane's arms.

"Oh no. Shh, shhh. What's wrong, baby girl? What's wrong? Oh, where's that nurse with the bottle!" Shane says in a panic.

"She's probably getting hungry now. And the nurse is coming! It's okay, Shane. You got this. Just rock her a little bit. They have a lot of babies on this floor right now." Ryland says as Shane rocks Rosie and calms her down some.