Chapter 5

The Second Fish Takes the Bait

Early the next morning, Kurokawa Rin made breakfast in a good mood.

Of course, it's just the simplest bread with milk and jam, and the eggs are still boiled.

"Rin, thank you for the gift." Conan's face was full of energy, it seemed that yesterday's blow had been eliminated, and he regained his strength. He was worthy of being the protagonist.

"Call me if you have something to do, the number has been saved, and you are not allowed to use your mobile phone in class." Kurokawa Rin ordered casually.

"Understood." Conan sat at the dining table, his legs were too short to reach the ground, shaking.

Originally, he was still thinking about how to get his guardian to agree to buy a mobile phone, but he achieved his goal before he even asked. In contrast, he can ignore the pink and tender children's shell.

"By the way, Dr. Ali will take us to camp tomorrow, and I won't be coming back at night." He said again.

"Tomorrow?" Kurokawa Rin was taken aback, and asked suspiciously, "Aren't you going to class?"

"Tomorrow is Saturday, of course there will be no classes." Conan looked at him strangely.

"!!" Kurokawa Rin was silent, "What day is it today?"

"Thursday." Conan replied immediately.

"..." Kurokawa Rin twitched the corners of his mouth and asked without hope, "What about yesterday?"

"Sunday." Conan looked worried, as if he wanted to touch his forehead for fever, "Rin, are you okay? Is there something wrong?"

"I'm fine." Kurokawa Rin said indifferently. He just once again deeply experienced the irritability of wanting to collapse this chaotic timeline.

Yesterday was Sunday, today is Thursday, and tomorrow is Saturday, but the fake child with a superhuman IQ in front of him still answered seriously, as if he was a mentally handicapped person who couldn't remember the date clearly.

"Rin, are you really okay?" Conan asked concerned, "Is this the first time you saw a dead body, so you didn't sleep well last night?"

"It's as if you often see corpses." Kurokawa Rin said unhappily.

"...I saw it a few times, when I went out with Uncle Kogoro." Conan retorted softly. As Kudo Shinichi before, he saw more corpses.

"Hurry up and finish eating. I'm going to the police station to make a record. I just happened to take you to school." Kurokawa Lin picked up a piece of bread and blocked his mouth.

"Woooo..." Conan puffed his cheeks, his eyes mournful: So, it really is you who are afraid of corpses! Don't tell anyone! Duplicity adults!

Kurokawa Rin drove Conan to the school gate and went straight to the Metropolitan Police Department.

The one who came to pick him up was the familiar police officer Takagi: "Mr. Kurokawa, I am sorry to trouble you to make a trip."

"It's okay, let's start early while the memory is still clear." Kurokawa Rin looked very gentle, took the tea cup handed over by Takagi, and greeted Shiratori and Chiba who hurried out.

"Then we'll start." Takagi's expression became serious, he opened the police manual, picked up a pen and prepared to record.

Kurokawa Rin recounted yesterday's events again. In fact, he can't say much, and today is just a formality.

"Thank you for your cooperation." Takagi closed the notebook and sighed again.

"Didn't you find anyone suspicious yesterday?" Kurokawa Rin asked.