Chapter 176- Determination. 💞

Isabella woke up and groaned instantly, her body flipping over to look at the alarm clock which read four in the  morning, this just made her groan again as she realized that she'd slept for the rest of the day and throughout most of the night, by the energy she felt, she knew she'd never fall asleep again so she forced her body to stand and head to the bathroom.

For that day, she decided it was way too cold to be caring what she looked like and so she dressed in the comfy clothing she'd packed. when she dug through her suitcase she realized Niklaus wasn't in the bedroom and that forced her to hurry up, her desire to see him overwhelming.

She dressed in his Henley hoodie which she'd stolen from his suitcase, his scent clinging to it and making her smile, she also wore some comfy patterned yoga pants, fluffy socks and her grey and white beanie from Katherine. She loved it despite how unmatching it was.

When she was content with her appearance, she splashed on some perfume before exiting the room, descending the large wooden staircase and finally reaching the grand floor which was eerily silent and dark, no lights were on and she shivered unconsc...

When she was content with her appearance, she splashed on some perfume before exiting the room, descending the large wooden staircase and finally reaching the grand floor which was eerily silent and dark, no lights were on and she shivered unconsciously as she headed into the living room.

She soon found why it was so empty and quiet as she turned the lights on, her entire family lay around asleep in the living room. Matt and lavender lay under a blanket in the rug by the burnt out fire. Nik lounged asleep in the recliner while Henrik and Jeremy lay beside one another on the large couch.

Enzo and bonnie were on the floor in a sleeping bag next to Stefan and Caroline who were the same. Damon and Rebekah were in another arm chair and Elijah and Katherine in another with Nadia in her lap. Jenna lay asleep on the window seat and Alaric lay at her feet.

Bella stayed still in perplexity for a few short minutes before carefully climbing over Stefan's arm and waddling to the kitchen where she boiled the kettle, she shushed it as it boiled but it was of course useless. The only reason as to why they all slept there was that they'd all fallen asleep there and it saddened her slightly that she'd missed out on whatever family time they were having.

"Look who's up early" she whipped around at the voice and found Stefan standing in the doorway, his hair toused and his eyes sleepy but a smile on his cheeks as he looked at her affectionately.

"I went to bed early and messed up my sleeping pattern" she sighed and shook a mug in his direction in question, he nodded and she began to prepare him a coffee.

"Well you didn't miss much, everyone kind of did their own thing, I think Klaus was a bit lonely without your company" her older brother informed her as he helped her to get a box of tea bags off the top shelf of a cupboard. She thanked him and glanced around the large kitchen.

"I doubt that" she remarked and began to make a drink, for some reason she had a pounding headache and she could only establish that it was either from the cold or the fact that she'd had too much sleep.

"Why do you always doubt yourself B?" He sighed out rhetorically and she shrugged, he wrapped his arm around her hoodied shoulders and directed her to the sitting room with their mugs.

"I don't know" she whispered as she sat in the only free armchair her hands fiddling around the cup and her ring clinking.

"So how's married life treating you sister? We haven't really talked that much." Stefan queried as he sat back down on the sleeping bag, watching as Caroline rolled over and gripped his leg, he gasped in shock and grabbed the cup tighter so it wouldn't fall on her.

"It's amazing, I don't know how he feels about it but for me it has been the best few weeks of my life, despite the difficulties along the way. He is mesmerizing and perfect and I can never match him but I'm happy that I have forever to try, I have never loved a person in the way that I love him"

"How do you think he feels?" Stefan asked dubiously, she talked slightly sadly and it made him believe that she didn't think the feelings were reciprocated.

"I know that he loves me" she started and stopped.

"But...?" Stefan asked worriedly.

"He has had one thousand years to fall in and out of love with endless perfect women, there is no way that I can ever know who he has loved and there is no way of me ever matching the people he fell for" she sighed and Stefan raised his eyebrows.

"You don't honestly believe that?" A new voice asked, a softer one and she whipped around to see her husband standing in shock, she gasped and glanced at Stefan who had obviously known Klaus was awake.

"I do" she whispered and she felt wind whip around her, the next thing she knew the soft mattress was pressing against her back and she glanced around to see the bedroom surrounding them.

"I have never felt this way about anyone in my entire life. You are my wife, my soulmate, declared true by countless witches. You are my world and my everything and I love you with every ounce of my being." He demanded and his words rang true, a sureness and determination in his eyes that she'd never seen. "Do you trust me?" He asked her softly and she answered instantly.

"I trust you more than anyone in the world"

"Then trust that I love you more than anyone in the world."