Chapter 52- Explanations📃

"Why are you here?!" Klaus demanded again when they exited the ball, they now stood in a stone courtyard, he shoved the blonde against the stone wall behind her warningly. Stefan stepped forward, even if she had supposedly betrayed him, she was family once.

"Hey, let her explain Klaus" Stefan stated as he searched her eyes that still shimmered in the beautiful way he'd always admired.

"I want to join you, everything is falling apart at hone, Elena left, Tyler cheated on me with some bitch called Hayley and everyone else is spreading apart, i don't know what to do anymore and i want to join you, please" she pleaded. Stefan was still wary and Klaus was in no way agreeing.

"How can we trust you?" Stefan questioned and Caroline looked horror struck, she was completely oblivious to what Elena had done, or she appeared to be.

"You don't know?" Niklaus questioned as he looked at Stefan out of the corner of his crystalline eyes.

"Know what?" The blonde asked suspiciously and the hybrid relenated, explainign the situation. Carolin3 was d8sgraced by Elena's actions but before they could continue their discussion, Elijah burst from the building, rushing over to them.

"Niklaus hurry!" He erged and the other original was instantly alert. "Isabella saw yoy exit the ball with a blonde and she's falling apart" Klaus was pained to say the least, he could onyl imagine what it appared to look like form her perspective.

"Finish this" he ordered Elijah and Stefan before entering and using his enhanced skills find her with ease. When he stepped foot on the balcony in which she currently resided, he felt immense pain rip through his heart at the sobs which shook her body.

"No, sweetheart" the hybrid began, dropping with a thud to his knees before her, tears wept from her eyes and she latched herself onto him, not being able to think straight but knowing what she desires to ease her pain.

"My love, you must understand that I would never do anything to hurt you. You mean the world to me" he whispered affectionately in her ear, her loose hair tickling his cheek.

"I thought" she began as a sob yet again heaved her body. He sat upon he bench gently and rocked her against his body whilst humming, trying to calm her.

"I understand what it looked like but I ensure it was far from what it seemed. Follow me my dearest and I will show you" he smiled and removed her mask gently, wiping away the darkened smears below her eyes which had formed by her smudged make up.

"Okay" she sighed, she couldn't help believe him and she knew she needed to give him a chance to explain his actions to the best of his ability if that is what happened.

"Come love" the original ushered whilst placing her mask back on her face and pulling her arm gently until they were back at the front of the house and boarding into the limo once again.

-M-

The time passed exceedingly quickly and they were soon entering the mansion where they found Elijah sipping scotch alone in the parlour.

"Where is everyone?" Bella questioned and Elijah smirked before pulling them out of the patio door and into the large garden where they found both Salvatore brothers and two blondes standing side by side.

It took only moments for Bella to no longer be within Klaus's arms but instead, she was tripping tightly to the blonde, Caroline, a fresh batch of tears emerged as thy tumbled onto the dewy grass underfoot sobbing loudly into one another.