Chapter 144- Warnings from friends⚡

Isabella sighed as she flopped backwards onto the bed, the day had seemed to last forever and in actual fact, it was only almost lunchtime, she subconsciously became aware that she'd have to cook for her sons but she was too tired to do so at that particular moment.

A knock on the door broke her free from her incessant inner monologue, she groaned gently to herself and forced her body up into a standing position, walking slowly to the door, her hand grabbed the golden rounded doorknob and twisted it to the right, pulling the door toward her, as she looked back up, she came face to face with a pair of eyes she didn't expect to see.

"Edward"

"Bella"

"Um...what can I do for you?"

"Walk with me?"

"Okay" she followed him out of the room and down the corridors, as they reached the banister, he glanced back to check she was still there before continuing down the winding steps.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Not here" he cut her off and she frowned but continued walking, they walked past Carlisle who glanced at the pair of them with confusion in his eyes, they soon reached the doors to the backyard and began walking outside, she wanted to query his intentions but was slightly afraid.

They eventually reached the area where the wedding reception would progress and so they sat at one of the tables, opposite one another as she waited for him to speak.

"I just wanted to start by saying sorry-"

"You don't need to, we've both moved on from that, your family is mine now also, that makes us friends." She cut him off and he smiled stiffly with a nod.

"Immortality suits you" he smiled and was clearly procrastinating saying what he truly wanted to say.

"What do you want to talk about Edward?"

"I was in the woods today, hunting and I came across...Charlie" Bella sighed, dropping her face into her hands and groaning gently.

"What was he doing?"

"He was kissing a women" Edward frowned, his brow crimped in the way that only he ever achieved.

"What women? Renée?" Bella asked, expecting that to be the answer he gave but his expression said otherwise and she sat up straighter.

"No, she had red hair, he called her lily, they were talking about you and the Salvatore's. They were saying that you won't see it coming" he explained what he'd seen.

"I don't understand what you mean" she spoke to him and he thought hard, trying to think of a way to explain what it was that they said.

"They are coming and they have something that will shock you all"

"What?"

"I'm not sure"

"When are they coming?"

"They said during the afternoon, they know you are getting married tomorrow, they know everyone will be here"

"What do we do about it?"

"We wait"

"Thank you for telling me"

"I might not be with you Bella but I'll always protect you, you are family now."

"As are you" she paused, her mind casting back to everything he'd told her, she didn't understand what was happening but at that point she didn't care, they deserved everything they got in her eyes. "I need to go tell Nik" she informs.

As she walks away, Edward calls her.

"You and Nik are perfect for one another" he complimented.

"Thank you" she smiled and walked away at a hasty speed.

----

Isabella sighed, picking up the two plates of food that she'd prepared and taking them to the table before walking to the stairs and calling for her sons.

"Henrik! Jeremy!" They arrived instantly and sat hastily, gulping the food down as though it was water to a dying man.

"Slow down or you'll make yourselves sick" Niks gorgeous voice floated throughout the kitchen and Bella felt his arms wrap around her waist sweetly.

"The men are all heading down to stay at the compound for the night" he informed her.

"When do you leave?"

"Seven, the wedding starts tomorrow at Twelve so we'll make it in time."

"You better, don't leave me alone at the alter" she giggled, turning in his arms, he smiled down at her and slammed his lips to hers in a sweet kiss,  hearing their sons groan.

"Door!" Someone in the house shouted and spontaneously, the door knocked, as Bella, Nik and the boys waltzed to the entrance they saw the entire family plus guests in the hall.

"What's happening?"

"Open the door Bella" Edward sighed and she froze instantly, knowing exactly what he was talking about, the brunette walked to the door and opened it, stepping back at what she saw, Charlie and a red headed lady stood on the other side and the women held a box.

"Mother?" A voice gasped and they all turned to see Stefan and Damon staring directly at the women who was in fact Lily Salvatore.