Chapter 126- prosperity📃

Bella peeled back her eyelids and was immediately staring into the deep tundra of her fiances eyes, he held her ad they sat on the stone floor, the other vampires had regained after the force and the witches were slowly regaining consciousness.

"Did it work?" She queried, her voice rough, her head pounding and a hollow ringing in her ears.

"It worked" Klaus grinned to her, he had never been so proud of his future wife, she'd done the unthinkable, she'd temporarily saved the kingdom from doom.

"We're safe for now" Alaric informed her and she nodded with tears in her eyes, she was proud of herself, she'd managed to stay conscious and finish the spell and now she felt the shield, it was like an extra limb to her and she flexed it, pushing it around the entire abbatoir, it was protected because of her.

"Come on love, let's go and have a bath" Klaus suggested and stood up, lifting her with him as the original hybrid stood. He wasted no time in reaching the bathroom and fiddling with the taps, turning them to the correct temperature before returning to the bedroom, lying on the bed with Bella whilst he waited for the bath to fill.

"What will happen now" she wondered aloud as she lay in his arms, both of them were thinking of the future and neither knew of what the outcome would be.

"I'm not sure but I need you to remember that no matter what happens, I'll always love you" he insisted, sitting up and staring into the deep violet pools of her eyes.

"Why are you talking as though we'll never see each other again?" She queried, she didn't like those odds, she knew that Silas had the power to do wicked things but she didn't ponder too much on it.

"Just in case" he insisted and she smiled, nodding.

"I love you to, no matter what" she promised and the two of them kissed passionately, only breaking it when Niklaus went to check on the bath which had filled surprisingly quickly.

"Come on love" he ushered and she smiled but walked into the room anyway, seeing Niklaus had somehow already gotten into the water and was laid back relaxing, she merrily stood and stared.

"Are you getting in?" He queried and she giggled but stripped, aware of his gaze, sliding into the water she rested her cheek to his muscular chest and fluttered her eyes closed.

--

Bella descended the stairs and froze suddenly, almost everyone was in the courtyard at that moment and stared at her when she stopped moving.

"Something's happening" she gasped, her hand clutching her chest, it had been a few days since the shield had been put up but now she felt like someone was suffocating her, somebody was trying to destroy the shield.

"What's happening?" Dorian asked, sounding generally concerned as he walked towards her, gripped her arm and turning her so he could see into her eyes, communicating with her through her mind.

"Something's coming" Dorian informed the others of his newfound information and everyone froze, not knowing what to do. Suddenly everyone broke into a frenzy of goodbyes and goodlucks, Bella pushed through the crowds to find Niklaus and she soon did, grabbing him in a hug, everything seemed to slow, time meaning nothing as the flurry of speech blocked her brain, she could only comprehend the initial fear that that would be the last she saw of her fiance.

"I love you" she whispered to and he looked worried, afraid even, he slammed their lips together, unaware if the other couples doing the same around them.

"I love you to" he promised her, tears spilling from his eyes as he looked at her gorgeous face, fear plummeting in his stomach as he contemplated the fact that he may never hold her in his arms again.

"Stay safe" she whispered to him, the shield was getting thinner and they'd break through any moment.

"You to. I'll find you Bella, no matter what, I'll always find my way back to you" before anymore words could be exchanged, Bella felt a grip on her arm and Dorian dragged her away, up the stairs to the balcony where the witches were positioned.

The last Klaus saw was Bella hand reaching for him before the doors slammed open and the courtyard rained blood...