Chapter 157- Town Tour🏙

The store was musky and dark but various different implements scattered the walls, she could feel undeniable magical vibes pulsating throughout her veins as they walked toward the counter, unconsciously, she moved closer into Niks chest.

"It's okay love" he promises as she huddles into him, shivering gently, his hands move at a blinding speed; rubbing her arm to warm her.

"Niklaus Mikaelson" a croaky voice calls and they turn to see an elderly lady who they'd missed seeing upon their arrival.

"Edgar"

"Who's this little one? She's adorable" the greying lady queries, smiling at Bella who tucked her body closer to Niks, the lady noticed the slight movement and frowned.

"She's my wife, Isabella Mikaelson" he informs Edgar with pride, the lady grinned, revealing her yellowing teeth and pale lips.

"About time you tied the knot, he's handsome that's for sure, how many girls you been with?" The lady cackles and Bella shifts uncomfortably, her eyes casting downwards.

"Oh that's right, you lost count" the lady cackled and hobbles over to a book case, pulling a dusty book from the wood. "I presume this is what you are after?" She asks whilst holding it up for inspection.

"Indeed it is" he answers and the lady grinned before handing him the book.

"How much?"

"Free of charge...because it's your honeymoon"

"How did you...?" Bella began to question, her wind chime voice radiating throughout the room for the first time since arrival.

"I know everything Isabella" the lady smiles a warmer smile "keep her safe Niklaus, if she can put up with your baggage then she's certainly worth it."

"I will" the hybrid original replies, ignoring the end of the ladies sentence.  "We best be going"

"Come visit soon"

"Of course"

----
"She was eery" Bella whispered as they walked down the cobblestone street hand in hand. He smiles down at her and tugs his precious wife into his side, his arms travelling around her shoulders in a warm embrace.

"She certainly was, time wasn't good to her"

"Yeah" Bella whispers.

"Bella, about what she said -"

"It doesn't matter, you're a thousand years old, it's to be expected that you've been with lots of people." She sighs out and begins walking away but he captures her waist and pulls her back.

"That doesn't change the fact that it has upset you." He responds, feeling slightly guilty, she had no idea of the extent of his past actions.

"I'm fine" she responds though her eyes say otherwise, he fortunately couldn't see them beneath her glasses but her voice shook.

"Bella love" he sighs and pulls her into his chest as tears began to fall, her shoulders shaking as she gripped his shirt. "Shh love" he prompted, he hated that he'd made her feel that way but he didn't know what to do about it.

"I'm so stupid" she sobs out, trying to stop the sobs that racked through her body.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I'm upset about this! This was before my time" she gasps out and he holds her tighter to him, rocking them gently from side to side.

"Let's go and put your book away" she sighs a few minutes later, taking his hand and guiding him back to the boat, she gracefully hopped on and took the boat, locking it into the storage box beneath the seats.

"Are you okay?" He asks her but when she pulled her glasses off, he was assured that she was fine, she grinned up at him.

"It's nothing I haven't heard before, I was just shocked to hear it from an old lady" she giggles and hops out, suddenly something occurs to her. "Wait. You and her didn't..." She trailed off when she saw his expression "ew! Nik" she giggles and he chuckles.

"Alright, come on little one" he sighs and she laughs but hops up onto his back, he glances up at her and she beams.

"My legs hurt" she justifies and he laughs but begins carrying her through the streets, some people gave them odd looks but the majority just continued to stare at the beautiful couple in awe.

"Right, onward" he laughs and begins slightly jogging as she giggles loudly, attracting further attention. They soon reached a sports store and entered, Bella sliding onto the floor once more.

"Let's get the boys some stuff" Nik suggests and she nods eagerly, allowing him to guide her through the racks to custom made shirts.

An hour later, they exited the store with two bags each, they'd brought each boy a shirt with their name on, a football and football boots, the boys had taken a random interest in football over the last few weeks but who were they to complain?

"Should we get something for Nadia?"

"Yeah" Bella pulls him toward a cute store and they enter to see all soft baby items, she smiles gently.

"One day soon we'll be searching for clothes for our own baby" he whispers in her ear when he sees her expression, his hands wrapping around her waist and pressing against her flat stomach.

"What if it died again?"

"Then we'll keep trying, don't worry about it right now love, just know that I will give you anything you wish for, a baby included"

"I love you"

"I love you''