Chapter 68- Stars🌌

Elijah, Niklaus, Stefan and Damon sat around in the parlor sipping on a variation of alcoholic beverages, it was uncertain what the female members of the household were doing but it clearly consisted in much incessant giggling to fill the building.

"Elijah, any love in your life?" Damon randomly questioned, he along with every other member of the house (despite Elijah himself) were aware of Rebekah's devilish plans to pair her Noble brother with the illusive Katherine Pierce.

"It has been long since I've felt such a thing as love" Elijah responded, his mind absentmindedly drifting back to the soft smiles and warm Doe eyes of the doppelgänger which he'd fallen for, he'd never had the problem of mistaking her for another, she was her own person and he'd clearly felt a passionate love towards the brunette.

"Do you miss Katherine?" Stefan questioned, almost as though he'd read the originals mind, and by the way he'd frozen slightly, all three other males became aware of the eldest's mindset.

"Yes, i do" he mumbled, knowing lying would not achieve anything. "I love her and unfortunately i believe that that kind of love never dies" he mumbled even quieter but throughout the household it seemed to ring, notifying the members.

"If she lives you in that way also, the two of you will find your way back to one another once again" Klaus smiled, Elijah frowned suspiciously, why would Niklaus (the deadly hybrid who resented all doppelgängers) be fine and approving of Elijah Mikaelson falling in love with the very doppelganger who'd betrayed him five hundred years ago?

"Why are you all suddenly interested in my love life?"

"Call it curiosity" Klaus spoke

"I'm bored" Stefan informed his reasoning bluntly.

"I love playing Cupid!" Damon grinned and both informed men glared at him, he was no doubt giving away their plan.

"That is extremely unconvincing in every way but I'll let it slide because the doorbell just rang, i believe the tree is here." Klaus now housed a dopey countenance, questioning how one of the originals could be so blatantly stupid to not notice the clues spread in front of him, was he choosing to act unaware?

-M-

The girls talked rapidly to one another, discussing whatever thought surfaced in their minds, they heard Elijah talking followed by the others and shortly after, Elijah announced the arrival of the tree. They all barreled down the stairs, racing to be the first into the parlor, all four makes turned sharing a bemused look as the girls entered, grins almost splitting their faces.

"It's here" Caroline squealed in happiness as both her and Bekah raced to the beautiful green deciduous tree, occupying the east corner of the room, branching into the room and being almost taller than Elijah and Klaus.

"Hey sweetheart" Klaus mumbled as Bella wrapped her hands around his waist, burying her head into his Henley's t shirt and gripping it between her perfectly manicured hands. "What's wrong?" He mumbled as she gripped tighter, he pulled back and looked at her expression, she was clear of all emotions but cracked a small smile when their eyes met.

"Nothing" she grinned fakely, turning and watching as Stefan and Damon reentered with a large wooden crate each, filled with Christmas decorations and smelling of tinsel and packing dust. They bent down, groaning like old men as they placed the crates on the flooring as they were supposedly 'heavy'.

"Help us decorate" Rebekah groaned as they all just stood watching as her and her fellow blonde began their decoration. Bella skipped forward taking a glistening row of tinsel and threading it onto the branches of the tree as Caroline finished placing the lights upon it. Rebekah grin and the decorating continued, they were soon finished with the tree apart from the large silver star.

"Who should do it?" Elijah asked, his eyes pinned on the small brunette who was fiddling with the silver star in her hands.

"Bella" everyone spoke in unison and she jumped in fright, her eyes widening and stepping back, she then switched to confusion, what had she done wrong?

"Yes?" She squeaked and Niklaus chuckled, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and resting his chin on her head as she snuggled into his warmth

"Put the star on the tree" he whispered in her ear and she smiled.

"Why me?"

"Because you are the youngest" Damon teased and her violet eyes rolled. Before she could respond, Stefan had picked her up, setting her on Damon's shoulders so she could reach the top of the tree she laughed as she grabbed the hand he'd held out to balance her. Damon's other hand clamped on her right knee so she wouldn't fall. She placed it on the tree and saw a flash, they all turned to see Rebekah holding a camera, she forced a Santa hat onto Klaus's head and snapped a photo before he growled and threw it to the floor.

"Aw, Santa Klaus" Bella giggled and his eyes snapped to where she still sat on her 'brothers' shoulders. He pouted and she giggled, somehow back flipping off of Damon's shoulders and landing on her feet, running at Klaus and jumping, wrapping her legs around his waist, he caught her in surprise.

"I was just teasing" she giggled in his ear and they heard a cough, they looked up to see Rebekah holding a piece of mistletoe above their heads. They laughed and kissed as another flash was seen.

"I love you" they uttered as one.