Chapter 78- The king📜

Niklaus drew his beautiful fiance closer into his chest, guiding them onto the dance floor and beginning to twirl her effortlessly, they danced as one with an unimaginable sense of grace and elegance. As the two became fixated in one another's embrace, a bubble seemed to develop around them, all they saw was each other, all they heard was the soft words which they passed between them.

Klaus had only personally known his sweet fiance for a year but he was fixated by her, in love with her and he'd do everything in his power to protect her, including dying to keep her safe. He'd never cared for another person besides his siblings in such a way and it was miraculous, she began to thaw the frozen heart of the hybrid the second she left forks Washington with him.

Bella had suffered loneliness and endless sadness throughout her immortal and mortal life, lightened only by her family along the way, the idea of being alone for eternity had definitely become present within her mind but meeting the original hybrid had changed everything. She'd known him for almost half her life, being chased by him and fearing him but it was all silly, she was now in love with him in a way she'd never be able to describe. Despite the increased danger they'd faced together, she had never been happier than when with him.

"I love you" he whispered as he dipped her down, as he pulled her back upwards, pressing her to his body, she echoed his words and a brief kiss was exchanged between the pair. The song ended and they began to walk off of the dance floor. As they reached the sidelines , Marcel stood upon the balcony to make an announcement, ushering Klaus to follow him.

"Be right back darling" Klaus muttered to his fiance and kissed her cheek before stepping upon the stairs with Marcelus who quickly gained everyone's attention.

"I'd like to make a toast, to my fellow King of new Orleans Klaus. You have finally found the love of your existence and i wish you all the best. To Klaus and the future queen of New Orleans, Isabella!" Marcel ushered those around to cheer and clap and they did so, the younger vampire king gently pulled Bella up the stairs to stand beside him. Niklaus then circled his arms around his fiances waist and kissed her cheek, causing an uproar of cheers.

"Queen Isabella and King Niklaus!" Marcel shouted whilst lifting his glass of champagne, soon everyone in the compound were cheering for the newly engaged couple...

-M-

As time progressed, an increasing number of champagne flutes were drained of their contents as the family celebrated their newly progressing union. The Cullens had decided to leave the Mikaelson mansion during the time that the family were elsewhere, each leaving Isabella with a letter of her own to explain the great impact that she had on all of them, they deeply wished to stay with Bella but it was evident that their company was unwanted, they were no longer her family, she had moved on but they'd always be a distant memory of hers, despite the new family which she had gained.

At around one in the morning of the 27th of December, the original extended family stumbled through the doorway, many drunken, mostly male. Isabella half carried her fiance through the door,he'd spent many hours of the evening drinking with Marcellus as a congratulations for the recent engagement. Bella was not upset by this, her hybrid deserved happiness, however brief it was.

Damon and Stefan had become involved in the congratulatory drinking and were soon followed by Rebekah and Katerina who were ever eager to drink as a distraction as well as a congratulation. Those among the sober consisted of only Elijah, Caroline and Isabella who struggled to successfully maneuver each family member safely to their beds.

"They'll wake up with a hangover" Caroline chuckled as the three remaining entered the kitchen. Caroline began drinking a tall glass of water followed by the others, lightly discussing the nights events.

"They did get extremely drunk tonight" Elijah lightly responded, they couldn't help but agree, the five drunken household members had gotten exceedingly drunk to the point where they were only loosely in control of the words from their mouths, it was evident that they'd remember nothing in the morning.

"They did and for once i didn't" Caroline praised herself, she knew that she'd have to help Elijah and Bella with returning the family safely to the house. Elijah had enough self respect that he'd never tarnish it and Bella stayed sober for Nik.

"Don't worry Care, we'll make up for it on my hen party" Bella smirked, she could only imagine what that would be like.

"Hell yeah!" The blonde agreed and Elijah smiled in amusement as the two tapped their pint glasses filled with water together at the rim.

"If you don't mind me, I'm retiring for the night, I am surely going to enjoy seeing my brother and sister as they regret their discussions of tonight in the morning" Elijah chuckled, kissing each of his new sisters on the cheek gently before exiting.

"Goodnight Elijah!" They chimed simultaneously, causing a round of giggles. Caroline was next to leave and Bella stayed behind, her gaze catching on a stack of paper that lay dormant upon the kitchen table. The letters were surely not there when they exited earlier.