Chapter 145- Bad Parenting.💔

"Hello sons" she smiled in return and both of the boys stiffened, tears watering their eyes as they took a step forward though they were stopped immediately by Elijah who grabbed their arms and glared at the women suspiciously.

"You were dead"

"I technically still am" she responded, faking nervousness and her pitiful attempts failed to fool the originals or Dorian who now stood in front of Bella, pushing her back gently alongside Klaus who did the same.

"You've been alive this whole time!" Damon glared and Stefan just looked to be in utter shock, Alaric grabbed the younger Salvatore's arm and pulled him back slightly as he was subconsciously walking toward his mother.

"What did you do Charlie?" Bella hissed.

"Now now Izzy, inside voices...or alternatively, you could come out here and use whichever voice you wish" her father charted.

"I don't have to listen to you anymore!"

"Oh soon you'll wish you had darling, now that we're all reacquainted, I would like to make our intentions clear" the women smiled sweetly, her red hair burning like a flame under the tense new Orleans sunshine.

"We want the city and we'll do anything we can to get it. Now have a good day, oh and don't forget your wedding gift" Charlie finished, pushing the box into his daughters hands and speeding away, leaving them all in utter shock.

"What just happened?" Bonnie muttered through unmoving lips and Enzo pulled her closer to his chest before the wolves rushed forward toward Bella.

"We'll go after him Bell" Jake promised.

"No, that's what he wants, he wants a reaction, we can't show him that it affected us" Marcel chipped in from where he stood on the stairs, Bella glanced at him in shock, having not even known if his presence in the house.

"I'm going to open this" she stated, lifting the box slightly higher in her arms.

"You can't!" Henrik yelled.

"What if it's a bomb or something?" Jeremy chipped in.

"Super healing remember, its fine." Bella giggled and walked toward the kitchen, aware of the many footsteps following her.

"Bella, be careful ,they are right, we don't know what's in there" Jasper spoke out and Bella looked at him briefly, nodding to say she understood the request.

"I'll be careful" she stated as she placed it down.

"You could just not open it" Katherine sighed as she sat at a barstool with baby Nadia in her arms.

"We don't know what the clue is if we don't look at it" she sighed as her hand reached for the ribbon, it was clearly a hat box, red and white stripped with a black ribbon.

"What makes you think its a clue?" Seth asked from behind the kitchen counter.

"This is all a game, Charlie's good at them, he used to make riddles and games for me as a kid and I'd follow them, this reminds me of one that he pulled when we stayed at a hotel in Florida" she mumbled and pulled he ribbon away, her hand opened the box ,her eyes glancing in.

Bella instantly slammed the lid back down when she saw the content, her free hand covering her mouth in shock at the sight.

"What is it Bella?" Carlisle asked as he walked up behind her, he grabbed the lid and tried to open it but she caught his hand, eventually he got a peak at the content and gasped out.

"Oh my" he gasped and Bella looked at the ground. The doctor quickly took his youngest daughter figure into his arms and held her as she slightly shuddered.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm just shocked" she whispered.

"What is it?" Jenna asked, seeing their petrified faces.

"Its Renee's head" she whispered and pulled the lid off for the final time, throwing it into the corner with a flick of her wrist, watching it spin like a Frisbee. Everyone peaked in the box and gasped, Henrik turned to the waste bin gagging and threw up violently inside. When he regained composure, he was quickly given a glass of cool water by Rebekah.

"This isn't a game Bella" Sam proclaimed.

"No, this is a war"

----

"Are you sure you will be okay here alone?" Niklaus asked his future wife as he placed a few items into his carry bag, she lay on the bed beside the bag and he smiled at the sight of her.

"Yeah, I'll be fine" she responded with a smile.

"Are you sure you don't want to put off the wedding for a while?" He asked her in concern with a sigh.

"No, I've been waiting to marry you since the day I fell in love with you, there is nothing in this world which could make me change my mind" she smiled, sitting up.

"But everything that happened today-" she cut him off quickly.

"Doesn't matter, look time out okay? Let is be happy for a while? The war can wait" she smiled and pressed her lips to his.

"I love you" he breathed.

"I love you too"