Chapter 46-Begin again.⌛

"She's right" Bella croaked and stood, stumbling over to Klaus and throwing her self into his arms, he caught her effortlessly and held her up as she cried, he was confused but his worry overtook that as he held her tighter. Damon had taken to holding Rebekah as she cried, all of them were completely uninformed.

"What's happening?" Elijah questioned and Sophie answered sadly.

''The baby isn't Klaus's" she whispered but all of them heard, now they were all murderous as well, Klaus was heartbroken. The sound of his sobs overtook the sound of Bella's and they fell to the floor together, holding each other for support.

"It's okay" Bella repeated in his ear, holding his as he sobbed heavily, soaking her shirt with his salty tears, Elijah had watery eyes but suppressed them, he needed to be there for his broken family.

"What's this about Elena?" Stefan asked, he was saddened also, he knew how Bella was feeling, she felt worthless, she thought that she couldn't give Klaus what he wanted.

"She was the one that blackmailed the witches to lie" Bella stated emotionlessly and the Salvatores were beyond shocked, why would she do that?

"Oh my god"

-M-

The tears had long since passed and they all sat around in the parlor feeling hopeless, Rebekah sat in Damon's lap, her head on his shoulder, a relationship was clearly blooming between the two. Bella was sat on the sofa opposite with Klaus's lying beside her, his head resting on her lap as she stroked her pale hand through his curls.

"What do we do now?" Stefan asked, drowning his sorrows in alcohol, he still couldn't believe what Elena had done, she had betrayed them all, but so had Tyler, no doubt the others were also involved in one way or another.

''We continue living, this isn't the end, we have each other!" The noble original demanded, he was adamant to save his broken family, they couldn't stay in this state.

"How? By going to a masquerade ball?" Damon snorted.

"Precisely, we go to the ball and we live our lives" he encouraged and the others thought about it before nodding with sad expressions.

"Do we get a choice?" Bella asked skeptically, she knew that Elijah would force them to go to the ball no matter what.

"Nope" was the response

"Great" Isabella sighed, She twirled her hand in Klaus's hair, ruffling it slightly, he opened his eyes and smiled sadly at her before closing them again.

-M-

Isabella now stood in the marble and granite kitchen, a wooden spoon gripped in one hand and a herb shaker held in the other, she was busying herself by cooking a meal for the family, everybody was doing different things to distract themselves, it was better to be busy because if they were not, they would have time to think and thinking was bad at this point.

Bella continued placing pots and pans on the stove, stirring the content smoothly before replacing the lid, steam protruded from the pan and smouldered the kitchen, a thick layer of condensation filmed over the glass of the window making the outside world look foggy. When she was again able to see, she saw Klaus standing in the doorway, his face was red and tear stained, his shirt was crinkled and his hair ruffled.

"Hey" she greeted kindly, trying not to let pity thread into her speech, apparently she did a good job because he smiled a broken smile and traveled towards her, encasing her in his warm embrace. Seconds passed and they drew away from one another.

"Do you need any help?" He asked in a rough voice. She couldn't deny him anything, he was too adorable.

"Sure, you can help cut the vegetables" she stated with a grin and grabbed the chopping board and two knives along with a variety of veg. The two sat beside each other at the dining table and began to slice the vegetables in a comfortable silence.

"So what is everyone doing now?" She questioned, avoiding talking about the baby.

"Elijah is looking for a house, he thinks we should get a house of our own" He told her, wondering silently what she thought of it.

"I think that's a good idea, we can start a new life and be happy" she smiled just thinking about it.

"Yeah, Rebekah and Damon are together in her room, i don't know what they are doing" The hybrid continued, trailing off at the end suggestively.

"Yeah, i think those two would be cute together, plus they both deserve love" Isabella mused as she stood up wondering toward the stove yet again and stirring the content of the pot.

"As do i, they are perfect for one another" he smiled and stood as well, carrying the vegetables over to the stove and beginning to cook them.

"I love you" she said, hugging him from the side.

"As I love you"