Chapter 37 -Meadows🌷

A/N: Bella's outfit in media.

-M-

The original family, including Bella now stood in the entrance hall, the weather outside was hot which was surprising considering it was the beginning of November. All four of them were wearing shorts and t-shirts, the boys wore hats and they all wore sunglasses. They then left, walking down a trail into the forest, leaves crunching underfoot.

"Isn't this fun?" Klaus smiled happily and the other originals agreed, however Bella was lost in thought, she'd remembered something, during her time away with her kidnappers she had learnt that she had a mate, a powerful mate but she truly loved Niklaus, she wished that he was her mate, more than anything.

"What is wrong Bella?" Rebekah asked her, they were walking in front of the boys, quite a long distance between as the men were walking slower, discussing the future of the quarter.

"When i was kidnapped. They said i had a mate, a powerful mate, it wish that it is Nik but what if it is not?" She was almost in tears now, lucky to be wearing sunglasses to cover her eyes.

"Bella..." The blonde didn't know what to say so stayed silent, they all soon came to a stream and the girls waited for the boys to catch up. A large log was spread across it and Elijah went first, followed by Rebekah and Klaus. Bella sighed stumbling forward, she was the most clumsy vampire in existence. Klaus noticed her reluctance and walked across the log again with ease, grabbing Bellas hands and helping her across.

"What is it my love?" He knew something was wrong with her but she just shook her head, they continued walking and Klaus held her hand in his, helping her across streams and over logs and boulders. Shortly after they reached a meadow and Bella froze, flashbacks overwhelming her so much so that she stumbled. Elijah caught her, looking wary. After a moment she became stable again and sat on the flowers with Rebekah.

"What was that?" The blonde questioned her.

"Edward used to take me to a meadow" she explained warily, Niklaus stiffened but soon regrouped himself and sat behind Bella, his legs on either side of her and her back against his chest.

"Oh" was the only answer received.

"So, Bella, tell us about your old family...from before you were changed, and how you met the Gilberts." Elijah encouraged, breaking the thick tension which had settled around them in a suffocating sheet.

"Oh, my parents were called Charlie and Renee Swan but they got a divorce shortly after my birth, they married to soon, had a child to soon, but they'd never blame me for their separation. Whilst my father stayed in forks Washington, my mother took me and left. We then lived in Phoenix Arizona. I stayed with her for a long time, occasionally visiting my father in Washington." She sighed, her eyes showing that she was caught in the past.

"My mother remarried a minor league baseball player by the name of Phil Dwyer, i stayed with my mother to begin with as he travelled but it was clear that she missed him tremendously so i decided to move away, to Forks with my father" she smiled.

"That's very kind of you" Rebekah commented.

"What else could i of done?" She smiled before continuing. "My mother was more of a best friend than a parental figure, small things such as bills and cooking were completed as i aged. It was as though the roles were reversed, she was happy being with Phil, he was what she needed, who am i to deny my mother of such happiness?"

"But moving upset you?" Elijah questioned.

"At first, i missed my mother, i missed everything i had left behind but as time progressed my happiness became something I'd never felt before. I met Edward Cullen in biology, well originally i had met him and his four siblings in the cafeteria but it was a one sided introduction. " the originals now listened more, intrigued to know what had happened with the Cullens, she was finally opening up to them...