Chapter 48- Preparation📖

Isabella sighed at her reflection as she gazed into a beautifully crafted vanity mirror, she was struggling unnecessarily to tame the tangle of deep mahogany hair that tumbled across her shoulders. Every time the brush got caught in a tangle her frustration increased drastically and her violet eyes now blazed with irritation.

"Bella" Rebekah's British voice floated into the room in a musical rune, she entered with an air of grace and excitement, despite her unwillingness to leave the confinement of the mansion, she was still excited for the upcoming party.

"Hello" The younger vampire responded huskily as her hand yet again caught captured in her chaotic hair. She found a need to look extraordinary that night. Rebekah chuckled at her frustrated expression and swiftly removed the brush from the brunettes hands with a slight smile.

"I'll make you look amazing" the original giggled and began to slide the brush effortlessly through Bella's hair, when the locks fell perfectly and all the tangles had been tamed she continued to braid the hair into a beautiful Dutch braid before twirling it into an elegant bun. Moments later, Rebekah produced a crystalline hair slide that appeared almost like a tiara.

"What do you think?" Rebekah questioned with a irrelevant nervous expression, Bella was gobsmaked by the glorious updo that she now sported.

"I love it" she finally stated with a grin.

"Can you do my hair?" Rebekah questioned nervously, she was still getting used to having a best friend, she had spent much too long living alone in the world and it felt remarkable to trust someone who wasn't related by blood.

"Of course" she giggled lightly and fired up the straightners and running it through the blonde's hair, soon after it was perfectly pin straight and Bella continued by placing soft curls in it and arranging each curl individually into a beautiful bridal style updo.

"Wow" Rebekah complemented in awe. They laughed at one another and sat side by side at the vanity applying their makeup.

"Now for the dresses" Rebekah squealed and entered the closet followed shortly by Isabella, they both carefully got into their dresses and exited the closet, in the room once again they helped place each others masks on their faces and slid into their shoes.

(Rebekah's outfit)

(Bella's outfit)

"Let's go to the ball" the original stated dramatically causing Bella to laugh, they exited and headed towards the stairwell, carefully maneuvering themselves down each one carefully and not looking up until their feet her the floor of the foyer

"Let's go to the ball" the original stated dramatically causing Bella to laugh, they exited and headed towards the stairwell, carefully maneuvering themselves down each one carefully and not looking up until their feet her the floor of the foyer. Finally they looked up to come face to face with all four men of the household. Klaus's eyes were locked in Bella and his jaw practically rested upon the floor. Damon gasped upon seeing the blonde female original and walked towards her.

"Would you do me the honour of accompanying me tonight?" He questioned formally with a nervous expression.

"Of course sir" she laughed happily and clutched his outstretched arm. Klaus walked towards his beautiful sweetheart and kissed her hand politely and looping her gloved arm through his own, all four boys straightened their tailored suits and fixed their ties before placing their masks upon their faces and escorting one another out of the building.