Chapter 101- Pancakes.🍽

"You'll love this surprise" Klaus reassured Isabella but she only groaned in response and he chuckled at her impatience. The four vampires continued talking to one another though the females were noticeably distant. Eventually a waiter arrived, different from the last and older, more sophisticated and less flirtatious.

Bella's eyes scanned the crowded hotel restaurant and spotted many families eating breakfast together, she hoped that one day her and Nik would have a family of their own, she wished that that was what he wanted. Bella spotted the waitress from earlier flirting with a group of young men who attempted to brush her off ad they ate, it was amusing to watch their frail attempts.

"Pancakes my lovely" Her fiance slid a stack of pancakes towards her and she smiled before using blueberries to draw a face, whipped cream serving as fangs, exactly the way Damon had always made his 'world famous' pancakes.

Klaus looked over at his future wife and chuckled at her childish behavior, she grinned adorably in response

Klaus looked over at his future wife and chuckled at her childish behavior, she grinned adorably in response. Having heard the laughter, the doppelganger looked up, her eyes pinning on Bella's food.

"Don't play with your food Iz" Katherine scolded, showing off her true motherly aspects. As peculiar as it were, Katherine truly thought of Bella as her daughter and Bella honestly considered Katerina to be her mother.

"Sorry mama" Bella apologized like a child and began eating, both male originals couldn't contain their amusement as they burst into laughter.

Bella groaned as they laughed at her and both females exchanged looks and stood up, walking away. They had both finished along with the men the males were just too preoccupied with laughing to notice the girls' absence.

"Wait" they called in sync and stood, slamming money in the table before grabbing the rucksacks and chasing the females. Eventually all four of the reached the cars and the girls were ordered to sir in the back where the windows were tinted, apparently they weren't allowed to see until they arrived.

"Where are we going?" The doppelganger attempted again.

"Surprise" the hybrid responded blankly, for some reason he'd began to recognize Katherine as an older sister figure which confused him endlessly because of the part they held.

"You are so annoying" Katherine retaliated with the phrase she'd been wishing to speak for years but having been afraid of the consequences. Klaus just scoffed at her words.

"I can imagine I was, I mean I did chase you around for five hundred years" Klaus flashed her a smirk, Elijah tutted from where he sat driving.

"Yes, can I just tell you how inconvenient that was?"

"You can but I don't regret it" Niklaus responded cheekily and Elijah sacked his bicep lightly, telling him to stop teasing her, not that he'd listen.

"Are we there yet?" Bella teased to Elijah and Klaus laughed. The noble original groaned, they all seemed to be in a rather irritating mood upon that day and he knew it would be a long car journey.

"Nope" the original responded blankly and Bella groaned, she'd never like long car rides. Eventually Elijah laughed at her for what she'd said and she smirked as a silent response.

"Are you okay?" Katherine queried Bella about the night as both males became engrossed in a conversation. Bella looked at her and shrugged, she wasn't sure how to feel, Dorian had the power to do those things to them but they couldn't stop him, he now appeared in the dreams every night and he seemed to be getting stronger.

"I don't know, I still feel cold mama" she responded, feeling a test slip but swiping it away before anyone could notice it.

'' so do I" the so called manipulative doppelganger responded and Bella nodded, she was glad that she wasn't experiencing it alone anymore, she wouldn't survive it.

"What do we do?"

"We stay strong, we can survive this" Katerina reassured.

"I don't think I can" Bella admired and her mother figure captured her hand in her larger one smiled at her, reassuringly.

"You are stronger than you think" it was true, at times Bella would act as the 17 year old which she was and none could blame her for that yet also, when need be she was a survivor, just like her mother figure.

"We're survivors." Bella quoted, those words were the exact words that Katherine had said to Bella when she'd pulled through the depression that had followed Edwards departure, it was a good night, they'd partied and it was the first time Bella had drunk alcohol.

"Yes we are" Katherine smiled, years sparkling in her eyes from the words of her 'daughter'.

"I love you Mama" Bella whispered and Katherine let the tears fall as Bella hugged her tightly, Bella's slender arms wrapping around the doppelganger. Katherine returned it.

"I love you to" she promised, they linked hands and Bella rested her head on Katherine's shoulder, they both drifted off together, feeling superbly sleep deprived. Klaus and Elijah exchanged glances as they looked at their sleeping partners. They smiled excitedly to each other.

They had planned a hike through the mountains and unknown to the females; Damon, Stefan, Caroline and Rebekah were waiting at the end to greet them. They were having a family camping trip, the Salvatore brothers had previously informed the originals of how they'd always have these trios in the past.

"I hope they like it" Klaus chewed on his pouty lip slightly, he wanted nothing more than to make his fiance happy, no matter what costs he had to pay, in his eyes, she deserved the world and beyond.

"She'll love it" Elijah smiled as they continued driving, unfortunately the camping field was almost a days drive so they were happy that the females were asleep. They'd purposely chosen that location as it was beautiful and secluded and Bella's brothers' had suggested it to them. Apparently she'd appreciate the scenery.

Whilst the females had been clearing away the water spillage; Elijah and Klaus had packed all the luggage into the car. This wasn't just camping, it was a road trip.