Chapter 103- Hiking. 👢

"I'm sorry" Klaus tried to make up for what him and his brother had done, the four of them had just arrived and now had to walk ten miles to the campsite. The hybrid had left with the car but Bella and Katherine were avoiding the men as though they were the plague.

"Sorry doesn't cut it" Bella responded, she wanted to forgive him but she couldn't find the will to, he was clearly going to continue with his plans to bring Dorian back from the shadow world (or so Dorian called it)

"Please forgive me" she ignored his attempts and slung her backpack over her shoulders, the bag contained her bare necessities, apparently they'd have all their suitcases up at the campsite when they arrived.

"How can I? This person is a monster! You cannot bring him here!"

"What other choice do I have? I'm trying to help you! I'm trying to kill him!" Klaus's temper rises, he'd always controlled it in her presence but he found now that he had to prove that he had good morals behind it.

"Can't you see that I don't need your help?! I'm trying to protect you to! He can't get to you where he is now!"

"I can protect myself Bella!"

"He's more powerful then tiu think he is Klaus!" She sneered, she knew she had to walk away now before she said something which would upset him so she did just that, she walked away.

As they walked, Bella could see Katherine out if the corner of her eyes, she doppelganger was yelling at Elijah a few metres away.

"Don't you get it?! Both of you?! We've been through more shit than you know okay? We are survivors and we can protect ourselves!" Katherine argued to the two, causing all four if them to stop walking, if they didn't maintain a steady pace from there on out, they'd struggle to reach camp before nightfall.

"We're sorry, we only wanted to help you, I can't just stand here and watch you get hurt Bella, I love you" Klaus tried again and Bella started sobbing, letting the barriers break, she hated fighting with him, it brought back unhappy memories as well as fully saddening her. He was her mate, as announced by the witches and she couldn't survive without him.

"I'm sorry" for some unknown reason she apologized and she fell forward into his arms, hugging him tightly as she wrecked his shirt with her own salty tears.

"Don't be sorry, its okay, its okay" the hybrid hushed as he rocked her. They all stayed still and silent for a few minutes , Katherine hugged Elijah and they all were frozen before they regained composure and slowly slouched forward into a walk.

"I'm sorry, we ever suggested the idea of brining him here but you must understand, if his torment progresses much further, we'll be forced to take action." Elijah informed and Bella nodded solemnly in return, hugging her 'brother' to show her forgiveness.

"We understand that" Katherine smiled and Nik awkwardly high fives Katherine, he wasn't so over the past that he'd be able to big her yet but he'd show his kindness to her for Elijahs sake.

"Let's go, or we won't get there until sundown" Niklaus ordered and they laughed before walking faster, each reminiscent of the newly peaceful atmosphere.

--

"Tired love?" Klaus asked his fiance an hour later, he had come to realise that she had many human traits such as become tired easier. She slouched along beside him and he could tell she was tired.

"I'm okay" she lied easily and walked faster, attempting to show her energy which she didn't truly have. Klaus's arms snaked around her waist and lifted her up, for a moment she was in bliss as her aching legs found rest.

"I can tell you are lying" Klaus whispered in her ear and she giggled as his breath tickled her skin.

"Fine, my legs hurt a little but I can still walk" she snorted and slid back down onto her feet, beginning to walk once more.

"Whatever you say my Darling " he laughed and she smiled at him. They continued walking in silence.

"I'll carry you" Klaus said, mere minutes later, he couldn't stand watching her suffer, no matter how minor that suffering was. She giggled and he smiled, she took his large backpack and put her smaller one inside, slinging it over her back.

Niklaus crouched and Bella jumped up onto his back ,Bella hadn't ever been so glad to be so small. He managed to carry her easily for the rest of the way up the mountain.

"Almost there" Elijah promised and they saw a large field up ahead. Bella jumped down from her fiances back, slightly stumbling but regaining it and beginning to run towards the field.

When Bella broke through the treeline, she spotted four large tents pitched in a perfect circle, a blazing fire in the centre as the sun was going down. She spitted her 'brothers' and ran to them.

"Izzy" both Salvatore's greeted in sync, she wasn't sure why but it felt like she hadn't seen them in years. They hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.

"Why are you here?" she didn't mean to sound rude but she was merely curious.

"To see you and have our traditional family camping trip" Stefan nudged her and she giggled, letting Niks rucksack fall on to the grass. Eventually she got around to greeting her sister and she couldn't be happier, all her family was together for once.