Chapter 65- Dorian🕴

Bella's p.o.v.

My consciousness seemed to waver hypnotically before flickering back into my brain, after considerable efforts, i succeeded in peeling back my heavy eyelids to be greeted with nothing but darkness, the surroundings were unidentifiable, a black mist swayed across my vision and my hands robotically dug into the flooring beneath, by the grotesque moisture which cooled my hands, it was easy to tell that i sat upon mud.

After much debate i found myself 0ushing against the ground, righting my body with much effort due to my constant slipping across the wet surface. My feet released from beneath me as i tumbled forward and my hands slammed into the object before me, it was hard and felt like stone, i trailed my dirtied hands along the wall and my knuckles hit against the cold of what felt like an ancient doorknob, the area surrounding it felt like smooth wood, polished.

I quickly pulled the door open and was blinded by a sudden flash of light, i stepped into the door beyond and my feet echoed along the marble flooring, it was a large room, black walls surrounded me in the circular area, nothing else lay before me but the ceiling was etched with perfectly drawn drawings, the thing that horrified me was that the drawings or painting as some would reference, were all of me, at various point in my life, they seemed to record every event that I'd ever experienced from the youngest of years that i could no longer remember to the passion I'd felt with Nik.

My breathing labored slightly, where was i? Where was Nik? I turned swiftly back to the door, the only exit from the room but i found that it was gone, it had been replaced by plain black wall. Where did it go? My body turned yet again and i saw the door reamerge across the room from me, i ran hastily to open it but it disappeared the second my fingertips brushed it.

"Well isn't this fun" a mocking voice interrupted my thought process, my body turned to it instinctively, i saw a person but my vision made me unable to make out their features. By the figure that loomed i identified them as male. He stepped forward and i was mortified. His eyes were the darkest colour I'd ever encountered, his skin was so pale he almost didn't exist. He wore an all black suit and his hair was curled dramatically, laying across his head in black locks.

"Who are you?" My voice oddly, didn't waver. It was strong and fluent, the voice sounded almost not my own, the beauty of it miffed me. He walked forward or floated as it seemed, his feet never seemed to connect with the ground. My own body retreated until i could move no further, his breath was fanning my face and he reeked of death.

"Who are you?" I repeated more venomously. He laughed and i flinched at the icy tone. He reached up and grabbed my hair yanking it down, i almost tumbled to the floor but thankfully did not. Before i could react , my body was slammed into a wooden chair that had appeared from nowhere, he laughed again and stepped back, i tried to move but my limbs were frozen.

"I am your worst nightmare" he grinned, boy had i heard that before, and it didn't end well. He grinned at my expression.

"That doesn't answer the question" i sneered, channeling my inner vampire, this made him laugh harder, causing me to flinch yet again.

"I am called Dorian and would you like to hear my beautiful tale?" He asked, sitting in a chair that had emerged magically.

"Do i have a choice?" My voice sounded hollow. He grinned at me.

"No but we'll have to wait, you are waking up" Dorian informed and i frowned, waking up? Was i dreaming?

"Is this in my head?" I questioned

"Of course it is" was my blunt reply.

''This isn't real" i sighed in relief but my relief diminished at him happy expression.

"Why on earth would it not be real?" He asked me with a happy smirk.

"Because it's in my head"

"Just because it's in your head, doesn't mean to say that it is not real." He sneered and laughed evilly and the edges of my vision seemed to darken. "Goodbye little bird" echoed around my head as i drifted.

-M-
3rd person p.o.v.

Bella's body shot upwards on the bed and the alarm clock beeped in sync. Her breath panted as she contemplated what had just occurred. Her eyes scanned the room to notice that Niklaus was nowhere in sight, on the bedside table was a note, she lifted it into her hands gently, her hands still shaking massively. She opened the note.

Dear little swan,

Elijah, Rebekah, Caroline, Damon and i have gone hunting as it has been an extremely long time since we last went. Stefan is still on the animal diet like you and said that he'd gladly go with you, that is why i set an alarm to wake you, i apologize for not being there when you wake up but I'll see you soon ,
I love you.

Niklaus Xxx

Bella sighed, knowing that he was safe and that the dream was exactly that, a dream. She pulled herself out of the bed and into the shower. After her shower she dressed in gym clothing and pulled her hair into a ponytail, knowing Stefan he'd wish to work out after they ate.

When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she easily spotted Stefan and skipped to him, he smiled down at her and grabbed a bag from beside him, upon seeing the bag she groaned, it was training equipment.

"Don't be so grumpy, you used to love it" he smirked and she laughed as they exited,heading into the garden.