Chapter 136- confession🗣

The entire vampire population of the family exited the house to go hunting leaving only the humans and Stefan and Bella, the humans decided to go and mess around out by the lake for some unimaginable reason and Bella stayed indoors with Stefan, reading in the library.

"What's this?" Bella asked Stefan as she walked up beside the wooden desk, laying on the desk was a envelope, perfect cursive handwriting addressed it to her.

"I don't know, open it" Stefan encouraged her and she breathed in before lifting it into her pale hands and opening it gently, the parchment felt old to touch and she soon removed the letter.

Stefan watched her face drop as she read it, sadness crackling over her features as she got further down the page until eventually a tear slipped, the sun from the window reflecting from the crystalline sadness.

"Izzy?" Stefan asked five or so minutes later when he could see she had finished reading, she turned to him and her hand shook as she handed the paper to him, allowing him to read the letter.

My dearest Isabella,
It pains me to admit that for years I have watched to mourn over my death and for years I neglected to announce my presence to you but as you wedding fast approaches, the time has arisen, I never perished that day darling, Victoria never managed to slaughter me, nor did she murder Phil. I feel like a terrible mother as I never came to you when you needed me, all the times I saw you cry and scream, I left you to feel that way. I also regret to inform you that Charlie was aware of my state throughout his life, he knew I was not dead, he knew I was a vampire, in fact, we had an affair before his death, this is another of my regrets. His decision to not inform you was entirely his own, I am sorry for everything my darling and if you wish to see me, meet me with Charlie by the lake at midnight. I'm sorry. I love you. Renee Dwyer.

After reading the letters content, Stefan fell into a state if shock, Renee Dwyer had never died, she had lived for over a hundred years as a vampire and Charlie knew about it and never mentioned it, Stefan couldn't comprehend the sadness Isabella must if felt during that moment.

"This whole time - he knew, he knew and he didn't say anything" she was sobbing now, she felt betrayal above all else, her father watched as she cried and mourned for the loss of her mother yet the whole time he knew if her immortality, he even slept with her.

Stefan caught Bella as she fell to her knees, he knew not of how to calm her so he held her as she soaked his shirt with salty tears, deep within he knew it would be the best option to call Niklaus though he currently could not do that, he did not know what she wanted him to do.

The pair stayed in one another's embrace for at least an hour though her sobbing did not cease, eventually her cries softened as she fell asleep, exhaustion overcoming all else, her eyes fluttered closed softly and she slept in her brothers arms.

Stefan lifted her softly, laying her down on the library sofa and lifting her discarded letter, taking it with him as he marched out of the door, through the house and into the backyard, surprisingly he found the entire family outside, the hunting party had returned.

Stefan spotted Charlie standing grinning in the treeline beside Jeremy, he seemed extremely happy and that fueled Stefans anger. The vegetarian vampire marched through the crowd of his family, ignoring when they spoke yo him. Eventually Stefan reached Charlie and he held the old man to a tree by his shirt collar.

"How could you?!" Stefan spat out and the rest if the family gasped and protested, momentarily considering the possibility that it was Silas. "How could you do this to her?! Watch her cry and still not tell her!" Charlie widened his eyes in recognition as he realised what Stefan was implying.

"You know?" Charlie asked weekly and Stefan shoved the letter into his chest, dropping the human back onto his feet, Klaus stepped forward but Elijah gripped his arm, everyone was confused though could all see something big was occurring.

"Of course I know, and so does she! What's the plan now?! Huh?! Bella knows what you did!" Stefan was seething and Klaus frowned at the mention of his fiance.

"Stefan what's going on?" Alaric asked in confusion, he could see everyone's clear confusion.

"Renee never died" everyone gasped at the confession and were more shocked when Charlie didn't deny it. "And Charlie knew the whole time, he had an affair with her" Stefan growled and everyone glared at the human man at the pain he'd caused Bella.

"Where is she?" The hybrid asked.

"Library" Klaus disappeared.

"I'm sorry"

"That's not good enough, not after what you did."