Chapter 168- Finally ❤

A/N: after three months of constant updates, I've decided that I am only going to update on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I hope that this will improve the quality. I'm sorry but I'm struggling. Xx

"Coffee?" Lavender offered and Bella took it instantly. All the females still sat around waiting, it was four in the morning now and they were becoming impatient. The males hadn't contacted them at all yet.

"Do you think they are okay?" Caroline burst out the question they were all thinking. Unfortunately, they didn't even have Rebekah or Katherine there to boost the atmosphere.

"They are strong Care" Bonnie responded and Bella began to read a grimoire to stay awake.

"You didn't answer the question"

"Caroline. There's no way of knowing if they are okay" Ariana sighed and Emily nodded, her eyes slipping closed momentarily. Everyone who had been deemed strong enough had gone with them but Emily, Ariana, Bella, Bonnie, Caroline , Lavender, Jenna and Esme had been forced to stay behind by their caring partners. Dorian and Davina were of in a guest room somewhere. Probably sleeping.

"You can sleep Emily dear, if anything happens, we'll tell you" Esme speaks as she enters the room with Jenna. All of the females had been forcing themselves to stay awake.

"No, I'm waiting for Sam" she demanded and Bella rubbed her eyes, watching as Lavender fell asleep, like switching off a light switch.

"Should they be back by now?"

"I don't know dear" Esme sighed and sat beside Bella on the loveseat. Isabella rested her head on Esme's shoulder and Esme twirled Bella's dark locks between her fingers as they rested against her side.

"Are you worried about Carlisle?"

"I'm always worried about Carlisle dear, but I would know if something had happened to him, that's how much I love him, I would tell"

"Do you think Nik is okay?"

"I think he is more than okay Bella, he'd never leave you"

"I need more coffee" Bella sighs and stands "anybody else want a refill?" Everyone handed their cups over and Bella exited, heading to the kitchen where she quickly filled them.

When she returned, everyone was asleep and Esme was smiling at her. Bella placed the cups on the table with a sigh, the tray making a clicking sound against the wooden coffee table.

"I'm going to check on Nadia" Esme whispers and leaves, leaving Bella alone with her sleeping family and multiple cups of Coffee.

--
Bella sat alone in silence until around six am, at that time she heard cars pull up outside and she sighed in gentle relief, running to the door, aware that her ruckus had awoken the others who were now barreling out behind her.

The moment the door was open, they ran out and Esme was the first to get her arms around her mate, the others shortly following. Klaus caught Bella as she flew at him and her legs entwined around his waist, gentle relieved tears trailing her porcelain cheeks.

"Hey, sh, what's wrong?" He asked as he cupped her face, his fingers trailing over the dark bags beneath her eyes.

"You were gone for hours, we thought - I thought -" she cut off and buried her face in his shoulder, he held her tighter and breathed in her scent.

"It's okay, I'm here, I won't leave you" he murmured and they stayed in embrace. Eventually they pulled apart and Bella hugged Enzo, Damon and Stefan who smiled in appreciation.

"Bella" Jacob called and she turned to see him standing in Ariana's arms.

"Charlie's dead" Edward broke the news and Klaus wrapped his arms around her.

"I killed him" the original hybrid admitted and Bella smiled unexpectedly.

"That means you're all okay, we're safe" she sighed and hugged him tightly with a light giggle.

"Why are you so happy?"

"I already lost him before you killed him, you are my family now." She responded and pecked her husbands lips with a happy smile, they were finally okay and she hoped it would stay that way. 

"Where are the boys?"

"Sleeping" she replied with a smile, her tiredness and relief mixed with the other emotions she had felt over the night piled up on her and she began to gasp heavily.

"Bella! Hey! Sh sh sh. Look at me!" Klaus panicked and cupped her cheeks, his hands stroking her temples as she began to cry. He pulled her nearer as she gasped into his chest.

"Bella, I need you to calm down" Carlisle tried, noticing her situation, he took her from Klaus's grip and held her. "Focus on my breathing Bella, okay? You need to slow your breathing, you're okay"

Eventually her breathing returned to normal and she found herself sitting on the porch steps with Carlisle, everyone was crowded around and the sun was rising gently.

"Come on, love, let's get you to bed, you must be exhausted" Klaus smiled and lifted her into his arms, carrying her up the stairs and to their bedroom.

"I'm sorry" she whispered as they lay on the bed, Klaus unzipped her clothes and helped her remove it until she lay in her undergarments.

"For what?"

"Everything"

"Don't talk nonsense princess, you've done nothing wrong" he smiled and removed his clothes also "you are perfect" he lay back and she rested her cheek on his chest, her hands trailing along the plains on his toned stomach.

"Are you okay?" She asked him and he frowned at her, his hands trailing up and down her back, catching on her lacy bra and reaching around to unclasp it.

"Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be?" He asked as he rolled her over, his stomach pressing to her back and his face burying into her neck, her hair tickling his cheek.

"You were in a fight Nik" she rolled back over, the sheets slipping down her body.

"I know, I'm fine."

"I was just checking"

"I know love and I'm fine, just tired."

"Sleep now" he murmurs to him and he pulled her closer, leaning over and resting his head on her stomach. She reached her hand and stroked her hand through his curls as he fiddled with the sheets at her waist, his breath fanning on her flesh.

"Goodnight"