90

Dana POV

Just when I thought I had more time to prepare for this dinner, she throws a surprise Sunday dinner. And I know what you guys are saying, Sunday dinner is Sunday dinner, it happens every Sunday but she doesn't have Sunday dinner every Sunday. Malik says she does it every once in a blue moon, I think it's just because she wants to meet me. I was been supposed to go to one of their dinners, but she somethings have popped up who is one of the twins. She has six kids with two sets of twins.

"You look great."

I don't know, I just feel like if Zhafir was here he will be able to calm me down. Maybe our relationship is a little bit weird. I don't think it's weird, he is just the big brother that I always wanted. Antonio is my big brother to, but he freaks out, and he acts like me, he would just add to my panic. My dad has been so unreachable and it is hard to get in contact with him lately. He's been doing a lot of business and making a lot of moves so he can retire and whatever he was talking about. I completely respect it. I kind of put Zhafir in his place unknowingly but now it's like I need him for every little decision. That can come off weird, so maybe Asia has a right to feel how she feels. I don't know he just has this way of calming me down and hearing me when no one else does. Even things that I can't talk to Malika about, I used to be able to go to him, and he actually understood because he's been through some of the things that I've been through even if it's different scenarios, we were taught the same lesson in familiar steps. I hate the fact that I have to detach myself from him. I just can't deal with Asia.

I have been thinking about that a lot and I have been feeling like absolute shit. I don't know why leaned on him like this, it's like I got my dream brother and I just latched onto him. And in a way I feel like he wanted me to do that. His spirit is just so welcoming and you can tell that he wants to take care of everyone. I, in no way shape or form wanted to intimidate Asia or make her feel like we had something going on or as if he liked me more. I would never purposely make her feel that way.

"You look fine, I would've never expected your confident ass to be folding like this." I sighed.

" I just really want her to like me because I really love you. I know she means so much to you and if she doesn't like me it would never work between us. She means too much, her opinion means so much. I just want to be a part of your family. I don't want you to have to choose between me or your family or anything like that." He rubbed my back smoothly.

" my mom already knows how I feel about you. She is coming into this with a clear mind, she's open minded to meeting you. She is going to love you because you are beautiful inside and out. Plus, I love you so much. I done had so many conversations with her about you." I nodded and he kissed my forehead.

"Okay." I sighed.

The nervousness felt like electric through my body. It made me feel nauseous.

I never expected this moment to feel like this. I cannot stop asking myself questions. What if she thinks I am ugly? What if she thinks he can do better? What if she thinks I'm dumb? Or what if she thinks I'm boring? Or I have an attitude? What if we have a miscommunication? What if I embarrass myself? It's just so many questions flowing through my head. Even though most of them didn't make sense to me, I couldn't stop overthinking.

We hopped in a lyft because Malik car was in the shop.

"With all my heart I love you baby... stay with me and you will see my arms... will hold you baby..." Malik sung and I shook my head. "Come on sing it for me baby. Never leave... cause I believe I'm in love..." I laughed.

"Sweet love..." I sung softly.

"That's my girl." He kissed my forehead and grabbed my thigh.

"Stop doing that." I grabbed his arm and he looked at me and I kissed him and he squeezed my thigh. "Malik." I moaned softly and he kissed me tongue first and I fell into the kiss and he pulled away.